HSC
7th Sign said:
yeah for 700 you can get a

1200watt amp
2 12inch subs in a carpeted box
some ok 6 by nines
and a ok head unit
and get it installed

for $2000 you would be looking at a custom install with neons and ricey shit like that
you obviously dont know much about car audio. if you want crappy sounding components, go get your package from strathfield, you obviously havent heard a proper system before. And i wouldn't pump it too hard .. the amp might blow after a week :p
and no 2000 is not a custom install/neons/ricey shit. its called quality components.

even if you where on a budget, atleast steer clear of strathfield and head to jaycar. they have decent components on a budget. Their kevlar splits and response amp range is a good bang for the buck.

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
cyrax83 said:
you obviously dont know much about car audio. if you want crappy sounding components, go get your package from strathfield, you obviously havent heard a proper system before. And i wouldn't pump it too hard .. the amp might blow after a week :p
and no 2000 is not a custom install/neons/ricey shit. its called quality components.

even if you where on a budget, atleast steer clear of strathfield and head to jaycar. they have decent components on a budget. Their kevlar splits and response amp range is a good bang for the buck.
oh man, wtf do you do to your system? most people arent chasing the Db record

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i'm satisfied with the sound system that came from Toyota. WTF would you pay so much for a sound system in your car? it's not like you live in it.

bong

HSC
cyrax83 is right, but maybe a bit blunt

Put it this way, $2000 spent once on quality components and a quality install is a lot better than $500-700 spent on bad components and a bad install.

Not to mention the price you'd have to pay if the components shit themselves or the install damages your car.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
I don't know where the fuck you guys shop, but here, 700 bucks on stereo is getting alright quality. My mate has spent about 400 bucks on his entire system and its one of the best stereo's i've ever heard, even as good as my mates system which is a show car, the numberplates are even MTX.

bong

HSC
Granted, for a system just with headunit and splits, 700 is plenty.

Anything more then I really don't think so

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
you can get nice components for 700 which sound pretty good, maybe a budget amp, front splits and a ok sub, although like i said .. i'd steer clear of strathfield packages.

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
DaddyK said:
I don't know where the fuck you guys shop, but here, 700 bucks on stereo is getting alright quality. My mate has spent about 400 bucks on his entire system and its one of the best stereo's i've ever heard, even as good as my mates system which is a show car, the numberplates are even MTX.
my friends headunit was 2k...maybe coz it was top of the range kenwood

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
2k for a headunit, must be some gangsta one. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)