help ?marriage cases (1 Viewer)

repz

HSC
hi i need cases for these precedents
1. Marriage must be voluntarily entered into
2. the essence of the marriage = a union of a man and a woman and voluntarily entered into for life to the exclusions of all others. 1866 case
3. the duty of parents to care for their children - father who failed to secure proper medical care because of religion
4. rights of minors to seek medical treatment such as contraception as its against the wishes of parents
thanks in advance

still waiting

HSC
for the second one theres corbett v corbett or re kevin as well as the original hyde v hyde and woodmansee
i cant remember others off the top of my head but have u checked ur text book i think there was one there for the not voluntary thing but im not positive,
hope that helps

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
the best thing about legal is that you can MAKE UP CASES that are obviously an issue in society. for example, you can make up names and a year for a case about a woman who was forced into a marriage at a very early age and a few years later, she went to court and had the marriage proven void because it was on the basis of duress and not a voluntary action. make it up, unless its an assessment in which you need proof that the case exists. then you have google as your best friend.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
repz said:
2. the essence of the marriage = a union of a man and a woman and voluntarily entered into for life to the exclusions of all others. 1866 case
3. the duty of parents to care for their children - father who failed to secure proper medical care because of religion
4. rights of minors to seek medical treatment such as contraception as its against the wishes of parents
thanks in advance
marriage cases:
Hyde v. Hyde
Corbett V. Corbett
2001 Kevin case

3 im not sure

number 4: gilliks

L

LaraB

repz said:
thanks in advance
1. - Also BvB or SvS i can't remember which lol too long ago - check your textbook - about a girl who got out of a forced marriage - also set definitions for forced vs arranged marriages

still waiting

HSC
LaraB said:
1. - Also BvB or SvS i can't remember which lol too long ago - check your textbook - about a girl who got out of a forced marriage - also set definitions for forced vs arranged marriages
isnt bvb about families wanting to move and courts not allowing it eg mother with children wanted to go back to pakistan(?) and not allowed cause the father still in aus?

Last edited:
L

LaraB

still waiting said:
isnt bvb about families wanting to move and courts not allowing it eg mother with children wanted to go back to pakistan(?) and not allowed cause the father still in aus?
well.. i have no ide awhat you're talking about so i don't think so..

there's bound to be more than one 'B v B" in australia so it might be a different one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)