HELP! Japanese Placement Test! (1 Viewer)

kouri

well w t f
HSC
Originally posted by Jealousy
I didnt say Japanese was a waste of time, just you studying it would be.
thats.. very nice.

i didn't really get what you meant though...

ooooooh well. :) :)

elective - "study whatever you're interested in."

just that... i might have to buy textbooks for it..
and psychology.. theres already a textbook there. ARhhhh
well i get 2 electives ...... one for jap and one for psychology. shweet ;)

Jealousy

Banned
Originally posted by Takuya
Japanese might have been entertaining for high school but unless you're prepared to dedicate your rest of the life in a country with a sliding economy and escalating unemployment rate, not to mention difficult lifestyle and poor work conditions, then you're wasting your University years! Koizumi's reforms aren't doing shit! The country is still as bad as I left it almost 3 years ago.
Amen, brother (or sister). Japan is a sinking ship and right now everyones jumping overboard - what I was suggesting Kouri is that you study something worth your while and not waste your time on learning a language that is hardly going to be used on Japan which now has a backward enconmy and in 10 years will become a 3rd world country like Africa where disease, poverty and prostitution is rampant. Maybe this lifestyle attracts you Kouri as its 10x better than what you've got now.

Takuya

Banned
A blazing inferno of blood and despair...
What people fail to realize nowadays is that foreigners in Japan are no longer a novelty and are instead hated and regarded as a nuisance because for every job a foreigner has in Japan there is one less job left for a Japanese person. They might have been able to sweep the streets of Japan for loose Japanese women ten years ago, but I fear that anti-foreigner sentiment may soon grow to the level that it was during WWII due to the poor economical situation. I say Koizumi and his corrupt, blood sucking political posse need to pack their bags and leave this instant.

I also want to say that there are ENOUGH pigeon-Japanese speaking English teaching foreigners in Japan. All they do is come to Japan, marry some Japanese girl and then leech off the welfare system! It's pathetic! Sure, there are a few who genuinely do bring money into the country, but the rest are just dead weights on the bottom of the sinking ship! Get out already!***

*** This also applies to a small group of African Americans who have decided to set up a ghetto at my old skateboarding park.

Jealousy

Banned
Takuya i salute your astonishing yet respectable resentment towards the Japanese, thankyou for bring the truth of the matter to all our eyes. You are a national hero to me.

chii-chan

Very mature comment there Jealousy...

Hmm the jap test just comprises of listening and writting skills, if youve done jap in high school or near 3unit, you SHOULD be able to get yourself in 3A

otherwise its just watching anime until the next exam, hehehe
----
dear me, there was a page 2 to this?
lol XD

Last edited:

Takuya

Banned
A blazing inferno of blood and despair...
Takuya i salute your astonishing yet respectable resentment towards the Japanese, thankyou for bring the truth of the matter to all our eyes. You are a national hero to me.
Resentment... ?

LOL I don't have resentment towards the Japanese. I myself am Japanese! I just know how they think - I know how I think. I might have lived in Australia for 2 - 3 years but I'm no less Japanese than 3 years ago. Unlike some Japanese who come to Australia and completely forget Japan.

It is the truth but it's the sad truth. Usually people like to hide behind their Disneyland toys and Anime DVDs and then shower me with insults and other misguided crap, but it's all true and if you hope to learn Japanese in order to become part of this culture then you are going to have to become accustomed to it!

kouri

well w t f
HSC
for my matter.. you guys are looking way too deeply into it.

i am only interested in the language...
^_^;
and yes.. so i think japan is cool and all... erhhhh
<- normal anime + manga + game nerd. so you can sorta guess why.

oh well.. overall i think the elective is a waste of time really...
but hey. i've got to do it -no choice.
so why not something i like :)

Jealousy

Banned
Originally posted by chii-chan
Hmm the jap test just comprises of listening and writting skills,

otherwise its just watching anime until the next exam, hehehe
What writing skills is it.....an essay??? on what??

And what do u mean whatching anime until the next exam.....please explain.

Eeko

Banned
well i don't know if it's the same with jap as with chinese, but i jus filled out a form handed it in, got it approved on the spot. Now i'm in the advanced class and i don't have to sit the placement test.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The country is still as bad as I left it almost 3 years ago.
How much weight should we put on the political judgement of a (then) fifteen year old skateboard punk? Not to agree or disagree with your opinion, just your attitude that simply because you are Japanese you know (and, indeed, have always known) Japanese politics inside out. Especially when the study of a language can have as much or as little to do with its country as one chooses.
blah blah blah in 10 years will become a 3rd world country like Africa where disease, poverty and prostitution is rampant. Maybe this lifestyle attracts you Kouri as its 10x better than what you've got now.
Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. It takes just a LITTLE more than economic regression to bring one of the world's largest economic monoliths to "disease, poverty and prostitution". That last comment will also devalue anything you ever write about politics, ever, in my eyes. Bring petty personal slander into what MAY have been a credible argument nullifies any credibility you (I stress) MAY have had.
I also want to say that there are ENOUGH pigeon-Japanese speaking English teaching foreigners in Japan. All they do is come to Japan, marry some Japanese girl and then leech off the welfare system!
It's PIDGIN. Get your linguistics right! And kouri is a GIRL, so I have a feeling she's looking for slightly different things in Japan. However, let's play this game, shall we? Say she marries a Japanese guy. There are two things she could do. The first is follow the traditional role of housewife. From what I recall, Japanese housewives work very hard to keep their husbands and families happy whilst providing no economic drain. The second is getting a job. Either way she's doing something useful, rather than just "getting married and leeching welfare". And don't even think of saying "that guy could have married a JAPANESE girl!" because it's just plain stupid.
You, little one, have much to learn if you think political diatribe is a shining light. Yes, what Takuya says may be part of the truth (again, I neither agree nor disagree) but if that is the case it is definitely not the whole truth. One must look at these things with a balanced and objective mindset.

Jealousy

Banned
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.
Im sorry what was your point??? Attempting to bring rationality into an irrational debate based on emotions and opinions. Just keep playing with your Susie Sue Homemaker set and don't bring you ill-begotton thoughts into an argument were your clearly not wanted. If you really want to prove how smart you are you can prove the effects of gravity by jumping off a cliff.

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Haha yeah... pray he doesn't read that. ;)
haha
i wanted to see him to explode and froth outta his mouth
like he did in that bukkake video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)