HELP: i wanan do more than 255CP for double degree???? (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
is this possible? as in, am i allowed to, do u think they would allow me, if so how much levy would i get? say 24 more points?

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
aditya said:
is this possible? as in, am i allowed to, do u think they would allow me, if so how much levy would i get? say 24 more points?
I'd check the Faculty Handbook to see what the Faculty policy is with regard to overloading. But from face value, Its highly unlikely you'll get to do an extra 24 credit points.

aditya

HSC
oh realli... y is that though? wats their problem if im keen to learn... far out

stazi

Nightman
HSC
well youll be paying more for it so they may allow you. Probably not until your second year that the decision can be made.
You won't probably get awarded credit points for it (as in you cant use the extra units to count for double majors)

aditya

HSC
but will they be listed in my transcripts with the according mark?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh and you may also want to know that senior c.p. are meant to become 6 next year, so doesnt look like youd be able to survive with more the the 255c.p.
You used to do 3 subs/semester, now youll do 4 subjects

aditya

HSC
NO WAY!!!!!!!!! ARE THEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!! CMON CMON CMON CMON CMON!!!!!!

are u sure about this ? whered u hear it? it hought they just changed it to 8cp

stazi

Nightman
HSC
heheh they were talking about the standardisation of everything to 4cp. And I was talking to a second year chick who said that she's pissed off because they're making junior units 4cp and seniors 6 as of next year.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Well, not really longer. We'll just have to take 4 subjects a semester I'd assume. Offcourse they could reduce the total c.p. to make the equivelant of the number of units we have to take now.
Ordinarily we would do the following:
1st year: 8 units
2nd year: aprox 7 units
3rd year: 6 units
following years: 6 units.

Now I'm hoping we get 8 units in each year.
Majors should ordinarily stay the same: 2 jnr + 4 snr units. And double majors as 2jnr+6snr units. Minors: 2jnr+2snr.
So in terms of majors and minors I don't think credit point changes really affect anything.

If they do indeed reduce the number of max c.p. for a degree eg. from (hypothetically) the 22c.p. required now for a bachelor of gay (1 jnr unit 6c.p. + 2 snr units 16c.p.) to 16c.p. (1 jnr 4c.p. unit +2 snr 6.c.p. units), then I will complain and say that I signed up for the degree for the current listed credit point maximum, knowing after all the info presented to me on standardisation that I'll be able to do more subjects.

aditya

HSC
oh man, if they dunt reduce the yearli standard which i s 48cp a year and they reduce the amount of cp each subject is worth, i will be the happiest person alive...

that is substantial... that will allow for 3 majors easy then...

*thinks*

for cpa - u need like 76 cp extra from core.... that will come down to like 56 and then a normal major is aroudn 50 cp now, that will come down to 42 do two fo those thats 84 + 56 is 140!!!! FAR OUT PLEASE REDUCE THE CP

make it happen 1time4theppl, please please please make it happen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)