Help..I totally screwed my Extension 2 Mathematics (1 Viewer)

Steven88

HSC
N/A
Okay well I failed my first 4 unit assessment test 7.08/15 and now I just failed my mid yearly exam 10.2/30. In total Iam coming second last in my class of 8. And the the first person is getting in their high 80s, and then the second is gettig in high 60s. In total 3 people are failing in my class. What should I do??

psyfre

Supercalifragilisticexp..
HSC
RUN!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!?!? become a cave man and live with chubaka and then one day make a glorious return to civilization - that allways fixes things for me anyway...on the other hand - you could do more study? hmm id go with option 1.

pete_mate

HSC
drop the fucker, unless youve forgotten the 2 unit course like most of you 4 units have

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
Steven88 said:
Okay well I failed my first 4 unit assessment test 7.08/15 and now I just failed my mid yearly exam 10.2/30. In total Iam coming second last in my class of 8. And the the first person is getting in their high 80s, and then the second is gettig in high 60s. In total 3 people are failing in my class. What should I do??
i used to be in the same situation with you

just work harder

do your homework every night even if you have a big workload...you should prioritise your maths first

remember if you do good...thats 40% of your HSC

richz

keeep at it, just remeber to keep on doing questions and u'll do well!!
If u really enjoy maths u should continue but if u dont i think u shud drop it

psyfre

Supercalifragilisticexp..
HSC
i suggest going wit my advice..why u say? cause if u dont i wil hunt u down and smell ur dirty socks...lol - just jokes.....but rly. i will.

HayleeKate

HSC
mm, if youre feeling down about your shit marks, try teasing the kid who's coming last, im sure that will make you feel much better, boost your confidence, and according to jeff geha 'a confident frame of mind can add up to 5% to your marks'
dont freak out yet, you're cutting 7.08/15 is just cutting half way, so i would stress about that mark, and as for 10/30, in my class, 4 out of 6 kids failed the first assessment , the lowest getting 10/50, and our teacher thinks he did great, and maybe needs a little more work, but didnt even recommend he drops it or anything [i disagree with 10/50] but im just saying, raw marks in ext 2 are generally low. A maths tutor told me that if you can attempt at least half the paper in a 4u exam, youre doing ok. Admittedly youre probably not on the yellow brick road the mathematical genius, but hell, dont slash your wrists just yet.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
thats actually good advice... just do some work, honestly, if u choose 2 do 4unit then u shud be able 2 go half decent in it, then it just comes down 2 how much work u do, be honest, how much work do u do??? my m8 is comin last in my school in 4unit and he thinks its hilarious cause he does no work, so wake up 2 urself, how muchwork do u do?? is it enough??

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
dawso said:
thats actually good advice... just do some work, honestly, if u choose 2 do 4unit then u shud be able 2 go half decent in it, then it just comes down 2 how much work u do, be honest, how much work do u do??? my m8 is comin last in my school in 4unit and he thinks its hilarious cause he does no work, so wake up 2 urself, how muchwork do u do?? is it enough??
agree... its about how much work u do, but its also about being effective in your study. the guy comming last in my skool in 4u, he without doubt does the most (or mabey 2nd most) amout of study, althou he is comming last. and he is like that in every subject, he does so well in class n shit but when it comes 2 assesment he just doesn do well. it because he doesn study effectivley.

Last edited:

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
Steven88 said:
i congratulate you on taking the piss out of everyone here.
in the slim chance that you arent, work harder bitch. then quit.

HayleeKate

HSC
JamiL said:
agree... its about how much work u do, but its also about being effective in your study. the guy comming last in my skool in 4u, he without doubt does the most (or mabey 2nd most) amout of study, althou he is comming last. and he is like that in every subject, he does so well in class n shit but when it comes 2 assesment he just doesn do well. it because he doesn study effectivley.
its definately about effectiveness, honestly, I'm the only person in my class without a tutor, I dont open my book between classes, usually leave it in my locker, so theres definately no bonusstudy going on, and yet I'm topping the class, its partially my pure brilliance, partiall because I actually listen in class, while the kid next to me doesnt even have his eyes open. Every minute you arent fully switched on in class takes 3 minutes to catch up at home. If youre screwing round in class, do everyone a favour and get out of there. If thats not you, my apologies.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
HayleeKate said:
. Every minute you arent fully switched on in class takes 3 minutes to catch up at home

lol, yes, we also have jeff geha's 50 tips...

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
HayleeKate said:
its definately about effectiveness, honestly, I'm the only person in my class without a tutor, I dont open my book between classes, usually leave it in my locker, so theres definately no bonusstudy going on, and yet I'm topping the class, its partially my pure brilliance, partiall because I actually listen in class, while the kid next to me doesnt even have his eyes open. Every minute you arent fully switched on in class takes 3 minutes to catch up at home. If youre screwing round in class, do everyone a favour and get out of there. If thats not you, my apologies.
exactly, somtimes when im a lil tired and i wonder off a lil, or i miss som hmwork i get so far behind its not funni... 4u is like that, do u work or ur fukd... u could come 1st in an assesment and the next assesment 5 weeks later u could quiet easly come last if u wonder off... its amazing how much work we get through in 1 lesson

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)