• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HELP! how to overcome financial problems... (1 Viewer)

veronica6535

HSC
Okay, so i have this business assessment on thursday on financial ratios & analysis.

I understand liquidity, solvency, etc.. but if anyone can help me on norms set in place to compare the ratios e.g what kind of ratios are bad or which ones are good..

Also, another thing is there any resources that anyone has that shows ways to help liquitity, solvency, etc...

i know factoring, leasing and all that.. but which ones apply to which..

Any resources that can help me understand more will be a big help!!

thanks!

michael1990

HSC
veronica6535 said:
I understand liquidity, solvency, etc.. but if anyone can help me on norms set in place to compare the ratios e.g what kind of ratios are bad or which ones are good..
Well they are all good. They are a measure to see how good or bad the business is doing. So not sure what you are asking?

veronica6535 said:
Also, another thing is there any resources that anyone has that shows ways to help liquitity, solvency, etc...

It depends on the situation. You need to evaluate the Business and determine the most appropiate way.

veronica6535 said:

thanks!

aq15

HSC
veronica6535 said:

thanks!
Ok firstly for your ratios, for solvency is is generally accepted as 0.5-0.7:1 to be good as its lowly geared. And for liquidity ration (CA/CL) it is always good if the business has atleast 1.2:1 but if its too high such as 8:1 or 11:1 then it means there are too much assets and most likely in the exam they can ask u what to do, or if its 0.7:1 or lower.

veronica6535 said:
To use factoring, the business usually has a high accounts receivable, then to turn that into cash immediantly they sell it to a factoring finace company.

Where as leaseing (Sell and lease back) the business sells its machinery, cars and other NCA to then lease it back. This is where they can get money instantly for their assets.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
veronica6535 said:
Okay, so i have this business assessment on thursday on financial ratios & analysis.

thanks!
Return on Owners Equity: 66%
Accounts receivable turnover: 30days

HSC
Depends on the business. The only rule of thumb worth mentioning is 2:1 liquidity. Everything else varies far too much.

Lorie

HSC
Another important thing to remember with ratios is that they are only useful when benchmarking against other figures. These can be against the industry average, competitors or the companys past years ratios. This is a good way to use ratios to analyse the companys financial performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)