Help! How to cram for eco? (1 Viewer)

get_back23

HSC
hey
how the hell do i study for eco? i got the test on wednesday, and im only up to balance of payments.

Theres just so much content for economics... and i cant even know what the essay is going to be on, shit..

anyone please? :haha:

rooster1908

HSC
Most of the content is based around concepts and theories. If you just make sure that you have a grasp of the general concepts covered in the syllabus, and then learn a few stats + more practical info you should be set. If you just memorise a whole bunch of stats and terminology without understanding the theory behind it then you'll struggle a lot. In that sense, you can't really 'cram' for ecos unless you're a ridiculously fast learner.

CommunityFan

HSC
yeah, all you really have to do is know how the theory works, and just brush on details like some statistics and stuff like that and also the trend

lol i'm revising for tomorrow test too as of this post :D

best way to cram: please look at the structure of the trials, if you have practice paper, use it immediately or practice with past papers also will help, also the essays are going to be either globalisation stuff, CAD and BOP impact on our economy, monetary or fiscal policy stuff, whichever u learn first.... i'm glad i have the best eco teacher at school :D

btw economics are much better than legal studies or english content, its a heck of a lot more,

chrisman9519

HSC
i think that cramming on economics has little point to it in the way most people do it i.e. reading textbook, notes, highlighting etc.

the best way you can learn topics is by watching youtube videos - it gets me good marks. its the most time efficient way to study imo.

many of the concepts they teach you in the textbook - whole chapters - can be summed up in three minutes, you need to get past the bullshit that you know through common sense and doesn't need to be refreshed in your mind, and focus on the memory triggers, or key points, which once in your mind, will allow you to talk about them for a long time.

i can ask you what are four causes of inflation (maybe a bad example cause you know them by heart) and you might struggle initially. However, when these four causes are creatively explained in a video, it is easier to remember them as real (adjusted for inflation - no.) concepts rather than a list of reasons. When you can differentiate them easily, you will be able to answer such questions much easier.

if I were you, try and cram each chapter into a 500 word report. then, cut it down to 300 words. then down to 200 words. then down to 150. If you do this, you will fully understand the key points and be able to distinguish them from stupid information.

Kieran95

HSC
i think that cramming on economics has little point to it in the way most people do it i.e. reading textbook, notes, highlighting etc.

the best way you can learn topics is by watching youtube videos - it gets me good marks. its the most time efficient way to study imo.

many of the concepts they teach you in the textbook - whole chapters - can be summed up in three minutes, you need to get past the bullshit that you know through common sense and doesn't need to be refreshed in your mind, and focus on the memory triggers, or key points, which once in your mind, will allow you to talk about them for a long time.

i can ask you what are four causes of inflation (maybe a bad example cause you know them by heart) and you might struggle initially. However, when these four causes are creatively explained in a video, it is easier to remember them as real (adjusted for inflation - no.) concepts rather than a list of reasons. When you can differentiate them easily, you will be able to answer such questions much easier.

if I were you, try and cram each chapter into a 500 word report. then, cut it down to 300 words. then down to 200 words. then down to 150. If you do this, you will fully understand the key points and be able to distinguish them from stupid information.
Anyone youtube channels in particular that are good?

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
hey
how the hell do i study for eco? i got the test on wednesday, and im only up to balance of payments.

Theres just so much content for economics... and i cant even know what the essay is going to be on, shit..

anyone please? :haha:
It is impossible to cram Economics, you have to be very consistent and if you're up to BOP, you will find it very hard to catch up.

tkeecnhniye

HSC
Get a couple of pages for each major topic e.g. exchange rates, balance of payments.

Construct flow charts/mind maps for each topic. Make sure you are clear about the cause/effect relationship especially for short-answer questions.

If you really are running out of time, I would recommend using a pencil and underlining the key points in your textbook. Once you have completed the topics, repeat if you have time to make sure its in your head.

Moral of the story, don't cram for eco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)