HELP! How many hours of tv do you do a week? (1 Viewer)

periodic-mabel

HSC
[I'M REALLY SORRY IF THIS ISN'T MEANT TO BE IN THIS FORUM! just tell me and i'll gladly repost it elsewhere]

well, was writing up my weekly timetabley thing, and i realised that i'm mainly addicted to:
~ Desperate housewives
~ Supernatural
~ Lost
i record them, and try to find time later in the week to watch them. but still: it takes up 3 hours of my time when apparently i should be 'studying' (pfft. who needs study? :D)
see, i'd watch them during my 1 hour dinners everynight, but the problem is: dinner is 'family time', which is when we watch other series (tvb!) together. hence the 'family'. XD
1h X 7 days (family time)+ 3h (my own shows) = HOLY CRAP 11 HOURS A WEEK.

uh. is it just me, or is this like a WHOAH TOTAL FAT OVERLOAD of tv?
i'm really bad with organisation of time.
/lifestory. my bad.

so INCONCLUSION:
class of 06: how many hours are you guys doing?
party ppl who've graduated: advice pour moi? plees?

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I think 11 would probably be a relatively low amount. I imagine most people our age watch a lot more than that.

HSC
i made sure the hsc did not interfer with my tv viewing habits. i was watching at least 6 hours of tv a day so about 42 hours a week. that said i liked studying with the tv on.

i managed to get the UAI i needed for uni still. overstudying didn't work well for me cos i had a relatively good memory so i had too much to write in my essays and exams and often ran out of time.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
I don't watch TV because I don't have a TV. If someone want to donate me a TV, it would be much appreciated. (Not that I am expecting one anyway:))

ace

is retired
HSC
periodic-mabel said:
1h X 7 days (family time)+ 3h (my own shows) = HOLY CRAP 11 HOURS A WEEK.
7 days at 1 hour per day = 7 hours
3 hours of recorded shows = 3 hours

7+3 = 10 hours

My Conclusion, due to your continued denial of TV, studying has warped your arithmetic skills and who knows what else. Go watch more tv, STAT!, it seems the only logical healthy choice left for you. :)

(11 hours a week is pretty low, no need to stress, hehe)

HSC
I would say that I watched 3ish ours of TV a day during the HSC...so 21 hours a week.

Wow...thats almost one whole day :(

leeam

HSC
i wouldnt worry about it if i were you-10 hours out of a possible 168 hours per week isnt that bad! unless you spend lots of time doing other timewasting things...
learn to study with the tv on!
ur only doing HSC, not uni! at uni ur expected to do 40 hours of study in an arts degree!! dont worry! youll be fine

HSC
We're expected to do 40 hours a week of study for an arts degree O_O

I was under the impression that you didnt do anything in an arts degree

periodic-mabel

HSC
tempco said:
What about Prisonbreak or House? Missing out.
yeah. my friend's been telling me to watch prisonbreak JUST cos the main character dudeface is 'hot'... and EVERYBODY tells me that house is awesome, and i'm sure it is =D but i don't wanna get addicted to MORE shows!

Lex818

HSC
You say ure workin on your timetable... Don't forget that you break once inna while during study n not do the full load... So u can do what i do and break for an hour :p

Anywho, back to the topic... I watch about 1 hour per weekday which means i can watch the 8:30 shows everynite [e.g. House, Supernatural, Lost etc]. Weeknights i just go crazy. However, this also means uve gotta do work as soon as u get bac and a bit afta dinner.

Just keep in mind that u can always miss the TV if the works been piling up... like me... bloody RE assignment and Drama IP!!!!! stressin >.<

periodic-mabel

HSC
ahaha i never forget to rest XD yeah... like right now. i'm procrastinating. finished dinner and not getting back to work. DAMNIT.

well, all the best for RE and drama! i've got dt and english due sometime soon... *runs away in fright*

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
hmmm im probably about 5 - 8 hours a week depending on whats on. if theres a few shows im prolly about 12 max. tv doesnt really interest me, atm im only interested in surface (which is being cut :() and 6pm simpsons if its good. and i put a few hours in incase a movie is on or something meh,...

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
Usually about 4-5 hours a week. That's not much compared to you guys but there's not much good stuff on free to air. :\

I used to watch about 8-9 hours a week when I had cable TV.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i watch about 6 hours a week. I watch some of dancing with the stars, desperate housewives and i always watch or tape medium. Occasonally H&A but I'm usually at the gym/work when its on. I find I can keep up with that show through ads

persephone

HSC
In year 12 I watched heaps of TV. I watched stuff that wasn't even good. I did most of my school work in front of the TV. I spend more time on the internet than watching TV. Maybe about maximum of 15. I don't watch H&A or Neighbours in full, just either the beginning or the end. And there's nothing much to watch on free to air anyway, unless it's late at night (like Scrubs, Arrested Development, etc).

Gangels

HSC
Phhhhh! Who cares, they give you a few weeks before the HSC to study and a few hours a week is all you need. Its called cramming and its the greatest invention ever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)