Help!!! How can i do year 11 (1 Viewer)

NiNiTeddy

HSC
Hi guys!! i am chinese and i have been here from a long time .....

i am in year 10 and i was told i couldnt do Chinese Countiners( gosh, i came here when i was in year 7) . so i was thinking about choosing Chinese background, you know, my chinese is pretty good ( actually , many guys are good at chinese because they are chinese)...............

is Chinese Background a high scaling subject?????? you know , so many oveaseas are doing this at the moment, i am afraid it is so hard to get good marks

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
http://www.boredofstudies.org/scaledmeans.php
have a look there....i know that is old but use it as a guide.
CBS has a scaled mean of 24.3 which means that it scales down a little but not a lot. You shouldnt really worry about the scaling just as long as you do relatively well.

NiNiTeddy

HSC
thank you~~~

it is hard to decide...... my friend once told me that for HSC exam, the only important thing is English, if you do good in English, whatever you do shit in other subjects, you can still get a good final HSC mark, is it true??

is it so important to choose some scale up subjects?

HSC
N/A
回复: Re: Help!!! How can i do year 11

lol... not really bro...

English isn't the most important subject, but it would affect your marks because it's compulsory
all the subjects you've chosen are equally important to your final result (especially when you do only 10 Units in year 12)......

HSC
hi i am in year 10 and i am also chinese. I want to study Chinese Continuers however I dont know if I am elegible to choose it. I was born in Australia. My chinese is limited. I talk a little Cantonese with my parents however I can hardly speak any mando. I also can read/write basic chinese from what i have learnt at school.
If anyone knows what kind of criteria determines elegibility in continuers chinese or who to contact in the Board of Studies please help out!
Thankyou :)

HSC
hi i am in year 10 and i am also chinese. I want to study Chinese Continuers however I dont know if I am elegible to choose it. I was born in Australia. My chinese is limited. I talk a little Cantonese with my parents however I can hardly speak any mando. I also can read/write basic chinese from what i have learnt at school.
If anyone knows what kind of criteria determines elegibility in continuers chinese or who to contact in the Board of Studies please help out!
Thankyou :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Well my friend is Jap and she's doing Japanese Continuers. She was told at first that she couldnt but she's been allowed. It may also depend on your school. Ask the head teacher in the language department, or just choose it when you subject selection comes up...they might not even realise and just let you go ahead with the course.

NiNiTeddy

HSC
i was told that students who have been in Austrialia less than 5 years cannot choose chinese beginners and continuers

but, one of my friends who has been here since yr 5 can do ESL english, i am getting confused....................

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Okay, who are you getting your information from? If it's your friends and those in your year, then don't just trust what they say, people like to bullshit. What i suggest you do is contact the BOARD OF STUDIES. They will be able to tell you about what exactly you can and can't do. I think it would be the best option for you rather then completely relying on fellow bos'ers :)

HSC
thanks... does anyone know who or what number to contact the Board of Studies?

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
tanjin said:
Well my friend is Jap and she's doing Japanese Continuers. She was told at first that she couldnt but she's been allowed. It may also depend on your school. Ask the head teacher in the language department, or just choose it when you subject selection comes up...they might not even realise and just let you go ahead with the course.
Thta's strange, cos I have a Jap friend too who was born in Aus. Both his parents are Japanese, so his speaking and listening were definitely really good, but he can't write. I'm not Japanese and when I did the continuers course in YR11, I found that I occasionally (Not very often, but still) beat him in writing just cos I know more Kanji.

But for YR12, apparently, he got a letter from the BOS saying that he can't do the continuers course, even tho he told me the head of languages did write to BOS to explain his situation, but still no as an answer :S

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Chinmoku03 said:
Thta's strange, cos I have a Jap friend too who was born in Aus. Both his parents are Japanese, so his speaking and listening were definitely really good, but he can't write. I'm not Japanese and when I did the continuers course in YR11, I found that I occasionally (Not very often, but still) beat him in writing just cos I know more Kanji.

But for YR12, apparently, he got a letter from the BOS saying that he can't do the continuers course, even tho he told me the head of languages did write to BOS to explain his situation, but still no as an answer :S
Well when she was told she couldn't do she said:

"Fuck them, i'm still doing it."

After the teacher told her that first time, she was never told again and she was allowed to continue. My friend is half jap have czech and came here when she was 2 (she was born in japan), does that have anything to do with it?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Chinmoku03 said:
Not sure :S

Maybe my friend didn't fight hard enough for it ^.^;
Well my friend didn't fight for it either, she just chose it and she kept on doing the course ever since.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)