Help Help Help!! (1 Viewer)

*sparklez...

HSC
i have a physics assessment task due next week...i only have one last question to answer but i don't know what its asking...can anyone clarify it for me??

report on some of the energy transfers and transformations involving the conversion of electrical energy into more useful forms in the home and industry

Riviet

HSC
N/A
*sparklez... said:
report on some of the energy transfers and transformations involving the conversion of electrical energy into more useful forms in the home and industry
The question is referring to the use of transformers in the transfer of electrical energy from the power plant, through a series of step-up and step-down transformers to homes and businesses. Also you could mention some applications of these transformers for common appliance and why the voltage is increased or reduced for that appliance. I hope that helps.

rama_v

HSC
*sparklez... said:
i have a physics assessment task due next week...i only have one last question to answer but i don't know what its asking...can anyone clarify it for me??

When they mean energy transformations you could do something like

Electrical energy->Sound energy (e.g. in a radio)
or
Electrical energy-> Kinetic Eneregy + Heat Energy + Sound ENergy (e.g. washing machine)

*sparklez...

HSC
Riviet said:
The question is referring to the use of transformers in the transfer of electrical energy from the power plant, through a series of step-up and step-down transformers to homes and businesses. Also you could mention some applications of these transformers for common appliance and why the voltage is increased or reduced for that appliance. I hope that helps.
nopez...thats not it...sorry...the use of transformers was already discussed in a different question

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Hmm, then I guess the question would be leaning more towards rama's interpretation of it.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
You need to know stuff like:

Hair dryer

Electrical energy -> Rotational energy of fan shaft -> Kinetic energy of air particles -> Heat energy of air particles -> etc.

Basically, you take any household appliance and take the energy transfers it uses to turn electrical energy into something else. Like how light bulbs turn electrical energy into light and heat energy, heaters turn electrical energy into heat energy, etc.

I_F

uncomeringue

HSC
What's an example in industry though? I have heaps for the home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)