Help - global business (1 Viewer)

Claire

Hey i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the syllabus dot point in managing global business - Evaluation - strategies ith reference to a particular global market. Has anyone done a global market in detail at their schools caus we havent done that at all. Thanks heaps!

KAty

Same here
i havent done that
I just wrote in my notes a few lines about how managers can evaluate their strategies.
E.g. Comparing past with present performance

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
link evaluation of strategies with the word controlling this is taken straight outta the codsi textbook

control can be defined as the monitoring of activities to make sure that they are meeting objectves. Control also invovles taking corrective aciton by changin strategies if objectives are not being met

and the control cycle is this

1. measure actual performance > 2. compare actual performance against objectives or forecasts > 3. take action to correct performance if necessary (bk to 1)

connie

HSC
N/A
yeh i noticed that point aswell, it really confused me because what do they mean by global market?
i thought that global market just meant like the markets of the entire world combined to be one market, but they say with reference to a global market... as if there is more then one?

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeah global market is an abstract term for a colleciton of markets.... think abt ur flemington market or paddy's ....its a huge place (world market) with individual stalls (australia, NZ, america etc) ...there is onli one world, so there is only one world market....if u divide them...it becomes more specific eg: the aisan pacific market, the european market...

when they say relate it to the world market, they want u give names of country.....this is basicalli to show that u udnerstand the topic of global business.... i guess by mentioning countries names ur no onli reflecting the syllbus it also shows that u understand the diff between a domestic market from a world market...

dont read too much into it...busienss becomes more compliated if u nitpick.... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)