HELP!!!! Geography Assignment! (1 Viewer)

aussieoi

HSC
hey
im doing an assignment in geography on issues in australian environment.
It asks for me to research a current geographical issue affecting australia'a coasts and prepare a report!
then its says Requirements:
Describe the issue (i have chosen Erosion)
Discuss how the issue you have chosen has an impact on people!
Outline the response by individuals,Groups and all levels of government on this issue!
I would just like some general help or some information
THANKS Aussieoi

marxisming

HSC
i think geographical issue as in coastal management/land and water management/spatial inequality/air quality etc that kinda thing.

but you could defintely use 'erosion' in coastal management or land and water management.

hope that was helpful.

marxisming

HSC
whoops misread your message. well i did coastal management as whole geo issue. we focused on coastal erosion, high level of urbanisation in coastal areas, urban runoff/littering, etc. so theres more ideas for you. i can't see why you're doing erosion as the main topic though ?? hmm.

well anyways
government- concentrate more funding in the managing the coast- and strategies as well. Local councils can hold a community debate, thus allowing all views on the issue- promoting social equity. Introducing new legislations to protect the coast.
Groups: using effective campaigns to get their message across.
individuals- join independent orgainisations like coastcare to promote active citizenship and ecological sustainable development.

that's all i can think of at the moment !
hope that was of some help.

belle299

HSC
Well to describe just define erosion and it's effect on the environment
Impacts- well just describe the effects on farmers, home owners for example an erosion underneath a home can cause it to collapse
groups: what groups are there to deal with the problem e.g landcare
governments: mostly explain legislation to deal with erosion or funding for example narrabeen council funds costal management schemes and bays for sand replenishment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)