Help finding best biology/physics books (1 Viewer)

theomen131

HSC
N/A
I have chosen biology and physics for prelim. The physics book i have is 'physics in focus'. The biology book i have is 'heinemann biology prelim'. These books are good but they both lack revision questions and only have a short chapter review at the back. What are the best workbooks out there for solid questions and answers that relate to the syllabus? Thanks :)

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Physics definitely Jacaranda Physics ( get the latest edition).
Another one: In2 physics ( not as good as jacaranda physics).

theomen131

HSC
N/A
Thankyou guys. The jacaranda physics book looks like it has a solid amount of content. What other biology books are there? Bio is supposed to me more of a content quantity based subject then the other sciences. Does anyone know what 'biology in context' has in terms of Q&A and revision or any books with it?

ebbygoo

HSC
All the books will teach you the content, so in info based ones like bio, you gotta remember it is the main thing.

:p

Last edited:

starshine02

HSC
Thankyou guys. The jacaranda physics book looks like it has a solid amount of content. What other biology books are there? Bio is supposed to me more of a content quantity based subject then the other sciences. Does anyone know what 'biology in context' has in terms of Q&A and revision or any books with it?
I think Biology in Context is pretty good if you're looking to fully cover everything but it does go off the syllabus sometimes. In terms of revision questions, it has more than Biology in Focus and Heinemann biology but it's not that much extra. I think the questions asked tend to be more 'wordy' types as well, although it does make you think more. Biology in Context also has a diverse range of practice exam questions at the end of each module but you could just get those from past papers if you want.

Aidejay

HSC
If you want solid questions and answers that relate to the syllabus just seek past exam questions. :D

theomen131

HSC
N/A
Thanks :) I will get papers definitely but i was also looking for a book that is simply good for every day biology study. I already do all of my txt books work and take notes on it all so i just needed a lot more questions to test my knowledge of everything as there arnt many atm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)