Help: Finance Major (1 Viewer)

Mezzator

HSC
N/A
Hi guys, I am embarking on my first year study in UNSW with credit exemptions. I plan to take on the finance major but have totally no idea which course to enroll into. Can any one please give me some advice in terms of what course should I take in which semester in order to boost my WAM? Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! <3

photastic

HSC
Hi guys, I am embarking on my first year study in UNSW with credit exemptions. I plan to take on the finance major but have totally no idea which course to enroll into. Can any one please give me some advice in terms of what course should I take in which semester in order to boost my WAM? Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! <3
Have a read of the handbook for a finance major.

http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/plans/2017/FINSA13502.html

For finance major you need to complete 4 compulsory courses and choose 4 elective courses. In terms of which semester to take, you shouldn't think of which one will boost your WAM but rather how the course will be run and structured due to different lecturers in charge. One well known difference between semesters is FINS1613 where many have regarded semester 2 being the more challenging semester than semester 1 due to the lecturer in charge and the way he writes the assessments whereas semester 1 seems to have returned more positive feedback thanks to a more easier schedule of assessments and apparently 'easier' exams. I have not heard such issues with the other finance courses. In terms of when to enrol each course, this should depend on when you can do them.

In summary, a finance major comprises of obviously the compulsory subjects, FINS1612, FINS1613, FINS2624, FINS3616 and any 4 electives where the popular ones are FINS2643, FINS3625, FINS3630, FINS3635 and FINS3641.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)