Help! Fail kid here (1 Viewer)

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Ok so theoretically I left my retainer at home. What are the chances that my teeth will still fit in it after 5 weeks and what's the recommended treatment?

nifkeh

HSC
I guess the next time you put your retainer in it will hurt a lot, hopefully it will still fit

maybe ask your dentist about what to do during this time

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Don't no his number or email :(. Overseas ATM which is why I'm hoping someone who's doing dentistry can answer my question. Thanks though nifkeh :)

Immortalp00n

HSC
do u have a fixed retainer behind ur top and bottom teeth?
they top ones should be fine with the fixed retainer
bottom would be abit risky...
best bet, is to go to a clinic in the country ur in, and get a retainer moulded and made.

Immortalp00n

HSC
assuming ur in asia, id also get a spare set made there,
they are very cheap overseas and will come in handy if u ever lose or break ur originals

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
What u mean by behind Immortal? I don't get you :(.
I have a wire behind my bottom teeth, the retainer is for my top teeth if that's what u mean.
I don't think Vietnam has any...we're a pov nation

Immortalp00n

HSC
What u mean by behind Immortal? I don't get you :(.
I have a wire behind my bottom teeth, the retainer is for my top teeth if that's what u mean.
I don't think Vietnam has any...we're a pov nation
so u dont have a fixed retainer on ur top teeth ( wire keeping them in place)?
and nah they do dw, find a dental clinic and get a top retainer moulded ( they make u bite this clay compound shit and then they make a plastic retainer from there)
it will be heaps cheap...
look its better than waiting 5 weeks or w/e and coming back with screwed up teeth which have moved and stuff- you'll cause more work for ur ortho ( to get em back in the right spot)= more money u gotta pay$$$$

Immortalp00n

HSC
only 11ish days till u get ur retainer back home-
u've already wasted about a month, dunno lol dw bout it till u get home

helllllo

HSC
N/A
How do you guys keep your retainer clean? Do you guys get new retainers made every few years?
Also, the first time i got my retainers made, it was hurting my gum and my bottom teeth shifted a bit after a while.
Do you think ortho's can fail at making retainers?

Immortalp00n

HSC
How do you guys keep your retainer clean? Do you guys get new retainers made every few years?
Also, the first time i got my retainers made, it was hurting my gum and my bottom teeth shifted a bit after a while.
Do you think ortho's can fail at making retainers?
i clean mine with a toothbrush
just wet em and then get a toothbrush with toothpaste and start scrubbing em inside and outside...
they dont make em lmao they take a mould and put it in a machine.. any fails are a fault of the machinery not the ortho.

helllllo

HSC
N/A
just wet em and then get a toothbrush with toothpaste and start scrubbing em inside and outside...
they dont make em lmao they take a mould and put it in a machine.. any fails are a fault of the machinery not the ortho.
yup, i know the process briefly and thats what i meant by 'make them'.
What if the ortho took out the mould from the mouth recklessly? Would it then be possible for the ortho to be at fault?
Also, is there a better way to remove the white stain/cement on the plate (if u know what i mean)?

thanks

nightweaver066

HSC
Don't use toothpaste. Some are abrasives and really screw up your retainers.

I'm looking to invest in one of those machines.. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)