help english extension and other sub (1 Viewer)

yinyin

HSC
N/A
hey guys/.//////
ive got a problem....
ok... I got 83 for my school certificate grade and i came 21 out of 170 people in the grade, so i pick extension english?
My subjects are:
adv.english
3u maths
economic
biology....
currently i'm still one subject short because i have no idea what should i pick
i hate all of them, but because of the line issue i have to chose sub from this line, which are:
ancient histroy
PHO
TEXDANCE
CHEM (full)
BIO (full)
LEGAL...( full)
what should i do????????
thanks^_^

HSC
when u say one subject short...how many units short? one or 2? ....coz u only seem to have 9 units atm, and i think most schools insist on kids having at least 12.

intangible

HSC
Do you have any interest in english ? I got 85 for SC and im doing adv ( our school only offers advanced and 3 unt ext) I heard for 3 unit you need to have a lot of interest and have to read lots. And if you dont like one you choose this year you can drop one next year.

P

pLuvia

SC results don't mean anything, don't base your choice from those results.

I don't understand how you can pick a subject from that line if you have already picked Biology from it? Won't they clash?

By the way what is PHO?

So have you already picked EE1? or are you still deciding? I'm pretty sure you need at least 12 units in Preliminary

whatdafork

HSC
Mmmmm Pho =]

Well what I found was that prelim Ext. English was pretty much centered around self study and farmiliarising you with the kind of stuff you would do in the HSC course (at least I think it was). Our class just watched videos the whole year and it was pretty much a bludge anyway. Got given some sheets here and there but nothing more than that.

Shame you can't do chemistry. It's pretty hsithouse in prelims, but it gets a lot better in Hsc. Oh and it also compliments biology pretty well

yinyin

HSC
N/A
hm.... currently i only have 11units but as some of u mentioned i need to take at least 12 units. And now.... i dont really know what to pick from that line?
For history for sc ive got 86, i was thinking ancient history.... but my friends tell me not to pick it as it scales u down....
but./????
confused....~
By the way what is EE1? PHO i think it is PHP???? which i have no interest at....
Do chem and bio compliements each other? How?

P

pLuvia

EE1 = English Extension 1

Some components of biology are related to chemistry, you'll see when you do it ;)

Depends are you going to drop one of those subjects in year 12? If so just choose a bludgy subject and drop it in year 12. Assuming you pick up other extensions you will have at least 12 units for the HSC, which is a good since you have back up

yinyin

HSC
N/A
ya, i was thinking to pick up an extension in yr 12 so i can just frocus on my 10unit....
but that this problem now i have 13units, and i need 10 for hsc, so if i pick up an extension i can drop two subs.....
But.... english seems a bit boring for me....but i will strive for it......
ancient history ok? Is that extension for ancient history?
By the way pLuvia u want to take balchoer of commerce at uni????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)