help economic performance essay (1 Viewer)

brunette

HSC
hey everyone i was just wondering if someone could help me wit an essay i have to do.

the task is this:

an in-class extended response based on your own research on the following topic:

"Australia's Recent Economic Performace"

Analyse the impact of government's economic policies on Australia's economic performance since 2000.

i was thinking of analysing fiscal, monetary and microeconomic reform seperatly and linking how they have impacted on governemnt objectives abd hence austrlia's economic performace.

wat do u think???

please please help

xx

i-color

yep that's definitely how you would be setting out ur essay. talking about the three policies and its impact on EACH of the 6 issues. so how fiscal policy affects growth, une, inflation etc because eco performance does not just mean eco growth. it means low unemployment, price stability (ie low inflation), sound external stability, income distribution, enviconrment etcetc.

brunette

HSC
its hard!!!! :(

i dont know where to find info from tho i just have bits and pieces and nothing seems to make sense :( HELP

should i just talk bout micro reform in general or go all specific

brunette

HSC
i just had an idea

instead of my structure focusing on policies should have it grouped into the different objectives because the policies are all intertwined working together to achieve a certain objective ie everything impacts on something else
plus the topic is 'Austrlia's recent economic performance'
performace being the achievement or failure to obtain those objectives so it would make more sense to have it grouped into objectives

what do u think???

i-color

personally i think that grouping it in policies is a much better way but it really depends on what you think. it might be hard to group issues, because you would be repeating yourself when u discuss the policies in relation to each issue.

Wen talking about micro go specific.....as in competition policies help reduce inflation and increase efficiency of mkt etc, labour mkt reform has been reducing structural unemployment and NAIRU etcetc.

and u could even chuck in globalisation somewhere and say that it has meant reduced protection tariffs etc (which is a structural change) and this had negative impacts on unemployment and inflation and external stabiility in the short run, but in long run, allocative technical and dynamic efficiency is improved leading to greater growth potential.......that's an example of linking everything together

Brindi

HSC
Hey

It is cool if I ask you some stuff on income distribtuion and its trends. What policies affect it and the trends. Can you just give me the policies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)