HELP! EAS dash LIGHTHOUSE scheme (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
hey guys can u please advise on cutoffs? that u know about? for law and actuary degrees? thanks people

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I'm doing Law now and the cutoff last year was 95.9 or something similar... it's sure to go up. The Lighthouse scheme doesn't make the entry UAI lower, I think they just take into consideration disadvantages/circumstances. I was under the impression that the only scheme that lets you in on a lower UAI was the EAS (through the HSC). if you applied for this during the HSC, you should be fine, but if you haven't, I think the Lighthouse is there for you to present your case and see whether they accept you or not.

(And also, you need to have proof of your disadvantages (ie. letters from psychologists) and also show that you can handle the workload for whichever course you're trying to get in to... so academic proof)

Hope this helps!

aditya

HSC
no what happens is u submit ur application thorugh eas... and then it autmoatically enters u into the assoicated schemes of the university... the cut off u told me was the actual cut off - what is the reduced cut off?

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
reduced cut off?
i actually dont think there is a "reduced" cut off.
how eas works is well your uai. and at macq i think its an extra 3 marks on top of that. but then you arn't guaranteed those 3 marks. theres a set percentage of places set aside for the eas thing so you still gotta compete for that.
did i make any sense

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
arh *deep breath*

this is wot happesn

for a particular course... every1 with eas that is 5 pts under and wants to get into this certain course, compete with eachother to get in ...
certain amount of places is allocated for eas students... the top eas students with highest uais (closest to cutoff) get in

doe

HSC
N/A
does anyone know the symbolic signifigance of the lighthouse at mq?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
it is a light which shines the way for other unis (to follow its example of innovation).

no, i have no idea. ill stop making up stuff now. =p

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
doe said:
does anyone know the symbolic signifigance of the lighthouse at mq?

I remember i read somewhere (something from the ahst101 course??? :/) that the lighthouse was adapted from that famous lighthouse from the ancient wonders of the world...the lighthouse of Alexandria. I still can't remember where i got that from, but i remember it was from a fairly reliable source.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
there was a legendary library in alexandra ---> knowledge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)