HELP! EAS dash Broadway scheme acceptence (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
Hey I dno how many of you got it but i don't feel so great :$

I mean the courses i want to do are all popular :cool: thast y i need thsi thing in the first place... basically im tossing about a few courses i think ill either fall just short of 90 or just break 90 so say i fell short, then i would need a course that isnt as popular and hence will give me mad leway... (dunt worry if u dunt get me)

aiight basicalli i want commerce.. so i have 4 options -

b commerce - 95.05
b economics - 91.5
b commerce / b engineering - 95.10
b commrece / b science - 97.45

so like basicalli what do u think the broadway scheme cut offs for these would be.... or even better if you know for a fact, what they were last yr....

plllleeeaase help!!!

basically anythign u feel is relevant and will help me make the best use of preferneces for my future would be highly appreciated... anything u know heard experienced from eas and more specifically broadway on the amount of relief it provides would be good....

Last edited:

Lainee

HSC
I really don't know for Commerce, aditya, and I don't want to make an ungrounded guess. Maybe check the info booklet for Commerce if you have it? Cause in the law booklet it tells you what the EAS cutoff was for Law, so I assume the other faculties would have published it somewhere.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
For commerce....it was 5 points below the cut-off...like if the cut-off was 95.05, the EAS cut-off was 90.05...also it depends on how many places they have...i got 94.80 so i was 0.25 short...i even know people who got like 91.80 and got in.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
If you take UNSW's handbook, theres a list of scores for every cirumstance: HECS, Full-fee international and local, ACCESS HECS, ACCESS Full-fee. They will give you an indication of the competition as well :)

aditya

HSC
yeh i found out the unsw one... thanks alot anyway... i was like overwhlemed with joy, lol u cant imagine... but yeh.. the usyd one sounds awesome as well..

thanks heaps

aditya

HSC
FUCK 91.4!!!!!!!!! u rekn i can make bcommerce at sydney wit eas?

clancy04

Actually aditya, mr EaZy is right. At absolute minimum [if uai cut-offs do not rise at all.....as if that'll happen] you needed 93.25 with ACCESS to gain acceptance into B Comm at UNSW lats year. So therefore, although USYD had a slightly lower HECS uai, its ACCESS cut-off would have been at the very least 92.5-93. Sorry.

clancy04

Well then that was in a different year, or using criteria other than ACCESS. A cut-off means a cut-off. It always annoys me when people say "I got 94.95 and I really want to get into a course of 95, what can I do to get in????please help." They unfortunately missed out. plain and simple.

Last edited by a moderator:

aditya

HSC
shutup ur an idoit.... keep ur mouth shut in the future... take ur annoyance elsewhere and stop putting it all on me... read ur posts... they are sooo damn dumb..... ur using previous years and u go "well that was in a different year" ofcourse it was in a different yr....

i gues perfectionist help me realise too things about u... the fact that u were worng.. and the fac tthat stupidity indead has no limits...

clancy04

Wow. I am sorry to have angered you so much aditya. I guess i was just annoyed at myself. However, please don't call me stupid. Nobody here is stupid.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Don't have a tiz at cr05 simply because you can't meet criteria. Some Universities are flexible, Sydney is not one of them. It's hardly our fault you missed out. You really shouldn't ask questions if you don't want to hear answers. Theres nothing wrong with asking if there's a way around or a back door or something, but if the plain facts are you simply can not get in with your UAI, accept it, grow up and if you truly want to do Commerce, look into other Universities. Wollongong, UTS, Mac -- The world does not start at Sydney and stop at New South, ya know.

clancy04

Thankyou White Rabbit for defending me, however, my comments were a bit too acidic.

ANU!!! If I hadn't got the right marks, I would have gone to ANU without question!!! It is an excellent university, aditya, and the lower, more realistic cut-offs, are only due to its isolation. Plus, if your like me - a guy from a small country town - a city like Sydney, though very exciting, can be overwhelming. I'm embarrased to say that.
Also, you have a really good chance for transfering into law at ANU, if that interests anybody. I have a friend there now, she'd defend ANU to the death!

In fact, if I don't get a high credit/distinction average in first year and therefor cannot transfer to HECS com/law at Sydney, then i'll either transfer to commerce, or try and go in ANU com/law. I wonder how similar their first year law subjects are?

Last edited by a moderator:

Generator

HSC
N/A
cr05 said:
Well then that was in a different year, or using criteria other than ACCESS. A cut-off means a cut-off. It always annoys me when people say "I got 94.95 and I really want to get into a course of 95, what can I do to get in????please help." They unfortunately missed out. plain and simple.
It isn't that plain and simple... A cut-off may not necessarily be a cut-off (in other words, the entire process is more complex than a simple case of supply and demand determining who enters the course). Of course, for some degrees the published cutoff may be the final uai rank accepted, but it isn't like that for each and every course.

clancy04

Generator said:
It isn't that plain and simple... A cut-off may not necessarily be a cut-off (in other words, the entire process is more complex than a simple case of supply and demand determining who enters the course). Of course, for some degrees the published cutoff may be the final uai rank accepted, but it isn't like that for each and every course.
Thanks for the correction Generator! Can you suggest what other types of courses or criteria do apply. I wrote what I wrote because I was shocked by how inflexible the higher demand universities such as USyd and UNSW appear to be. The only cut-offs which I DO know about are, HECS UAI, HECS ACCESS, FULL-FEE, FULL-FEE ACCESS, Flexible Entry and those for international, indigenous, rural students etc. These all seemed to me to be grossly inflexible. I am guessing what you are talking about is more applicable to arts, music courses etc. rather than commerce courses? Please elaborate, I am curious.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I just meant that the university is capable of setting any sort of cut-off no matter the canditure. For example, for my year the Faculty of Arts decided that the BA's image had to improve so they lifted the UAI cutoff from 70 to 80 before the final preference deadline, with the eventual cut-off of 81.something being published on the day that the offers were released.
In other words, the cut-offs may not be as 'concrete' and dependent upon the supply and demand side as they appear. There is no harm in leaving a preference on your list if you do not quite have the uai required for the previous year... You may be surprised, or not.

As far as I know, flexible entry is the only realistic option for most.

Lainee

HSC
Hmmm... artificially lifting cutoffs (don't know how else to say it) are unlikely to happen often. For one, doing so would reduce the number of students in the course and thus the amount of income the uni receives. Unless they're thinking low term and hoping that by raising the cutoffs and suffering short term losts, they can encourage people with higher UAIs into that course.

Hmmm.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)