help could get 0 in assessment task :( (1 Viewer)

anon1355

HSC
pretty devo. Had an english speech on monday, went to sleep pretty late practicing the speech so overslept 3u morning class and since i have the first 2 periods off and my speech was period 3, i just slept and didnt go into school until period 3
today i got called up and found out i get a 0 but can appeal it. Do i have a good reason to appeal? the task is worth 15% btw

Skriker

HSC
pretty devo. Had an english speech on monday, went to sleep pretty late practicing the speech so overslept 3u morning class and since i have the first 2 periods off and my speech was period 3, i just slept and didnt go into school until period 3
today i got called up and found out i get a 0 but can appeal it. Do i have a good reason to appeal? the task is worth 15% btw

Try get your parents too get a docters certificate, tell them your really sorry and it won't happen again or something :)

anon1355

HSC
Try get your parents too get a docters certificate, tell them your really sorry and it won't happen again or something :)
well i already told the deputy and head teacher why i wasnt there for the morning class so wouldnt that be sort of suspicious

Skriker

HSC
Well they always say.......you snooze you lose :)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I wish you could but its not really a solid/valid reason/excuse but if you do they may just give an estimate.

loaves

HSC
Wait... so did you miss your speech? Or did you get there on time for the speech, but committed 'malpractice' or whatever by taking the morning class off (giving you more time to prepare than others).

Either way, having already admitted that you weren't sick, it kind of depends on how lenient the school will be, because their official policy is probably to give a 0. :/ Good luck.

eat_well

HSC
this happened to other people in my school as well and I think the best you can ask for is an estimated mark :/
they assume that you were cramming UNLESS you tell them that you were feeling really faint and sick before school started but started feeling better hence deciding to go to your assessment. Try get a doctor's certificate along with that as well and they may possibly let you do your speech.
It's a long stretch because you already told them your reason but remember that everything counts now. I would do whatever I can to try earn even just 1 mark.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Just a reminder that it is illegal for a doctor to backdate a doctor's certificate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)