HELP - CHEM assessment task on metals (1 Viewer)

drizzle11

HSC
I have an assessment task due at the end of this week on the following dot points. Any help (such as info, web links, etc) would be much appreciated. I need the most help on the dot points about metal prices. Thanks.

· Define the terms mineral and ore with reference to economic and non-economic deposits of natural resources and show the location of major mineral deposits in Australia.

· Gather information in the form of tables, graphs or charts to show the commercial prices of common metals, their actual abundances and relative costs or production and describe the relationship between the commercial prices of common metals, their actual abundances and relative costs of production.

· Describe methods used to determine the yield for a metallic mineral ore and discuss the importance or predicting yield in the identification, mining and extraction of commercial ore deposits.

· Distinguish between renewable and non-renewable resources and explain why metallic ores are non-renewable resources.

· Describe the separation processes, chemical reactions and energy considerations involved in the extraction of copper from one of its ores.

· Use a flow-chart to recount the steps to recycle aluminium.

· Gather, present and analyse information to compare the cost and energy expenditure involved in the extraction of aluminium from its ore and the recycling of aluminium.

· Justify the increase recycling of metals in our society and across the world.

Julie Y

HSC
LOL i have the exact chem assignment as you !
um i get my answers from textbooks such as excel, macmillan.
try typing in key words in google. got my info there....random sites ?

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Aw, I wish I got this task.

Instead we have some other random sht on Photosynthesis (from the energy module)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)