Help! Belonging!! (1 Viewer)

Currybear

HSC
I need to decide on my text for the year 12, beloning

I kinda want to do the Count OF Monte Cristo , i could analyse the literary techniques really well. It's just that im not too sure how i should relate it too belonging?

Any ideas?

Or should i go for a movie/series/ graphic novel??

George121

HSC
Use something no-one has heard of

1. It's original
2. You can make up whatever you like to make it flow

Currybear

HSC
What's your core text?
My core texts are

Immigrant Chronicle (UQP edn) [Skryznecki]

ENGLISH - ADVANCED (MODULE A)
Frankenstein (Pocket Penguin Classic edn)(Red Cover) [Shelley]
Blade Runner (DVD) (Directors Cut edn) No Returns [Scott (Dir)]

ENGLISH - ADVANCED (MODULE B)
Hamlet (New Cambridge Shakespeare) (2nd edn) [Edwards (Ed)]

George121

HSC
Word of advice - try not to do texts that are commonly used/heard of because that will cause markers to:

1. Get bored of reading the same crap over and over
2. Mark harder as some people may provide "better" responses as compared to others
3. It's harder to make up quotes/points if you get stuck

Everything these days has belonging in it somehow - just find some random ass text that you can analyse

Currybear

HSC
but how do i know what everyone else has already done?

what did you do?

thanks for the replies! :)

George121

HSC
but how do i know what everyone else has already done?

what did you do?

thanks for the replies! :)
Just do some research and avoid the obvious and common ones

I did a painting by John Brack - Collins St 5pm (no-one in my class heard of it which was good)

But yeah just do research and look for ones you can analyse that aren't very popular

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
To be quite frank as well, you need to choose something that's considered 'intellectual'.
HSC markers love people who have gone out of their way to choose something difficult and unheard of!

I would seriously recommend a painting, or a short story (better than a novel, because you don't have to read too much).
I did Guernica by Picasso as my related text :)

Currybear

HSC
To be quite frank as well, you need to choose something that's considered 'intellectual'.
HSC markers love people who have gone out of their way to choose something difficult and unheard of!

I would seriously recommend a painting, or a short story (better than a novel, because you don't have to read too much).
I did Guernica by Picasso as my related text :)
How did you relate that to belonging??

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Just a note about choosing common/uncommon texts, you can do common texts (which usually consists of well-known films, novels, poems) if you analyse them excellently and prepare well. For both my belonging related texts, I chose very common and well-known texts (one of which was definitely overused), that no doubt both markers would have known of - and probably watched or read themselves. You can play common texts to your advantage. If you are able to show added insight or another perspective of the text/s, it will form a very good impression, and show a higher level of sophistication - in other words, you can interest and/or impress the marker with your relatively unique or unusual analysis, and exceptional understanding of this text. (Of course, if your analysis is very standard, doing a common text will be a disadvantage.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)