help!!! B Design OR B Digital media (1 Viewer)

kshira

HSC
hi, i'm in a dilemma. I have recieved an offer in digital media for the main rounds and B design for the late rounds(major in graphic/media design for B design), now i don't know which one to choose.

Both these courses i don't mind doing since they're both within interest -though i can only pick one.
Which one of these courses would be better recognised and easier in job search? (though B design provides work experience).

Beege

HSC
has the cut off gone up to 99.80 for the digital media course? or was that just for the late round?

groovejet

HSC
N/A
Studying Digital Media means what it says. You will be working with the computer as your focus and some of the things you will be concentrating on is websites, multimedia, sound and creating motion pieces. Tim Rudder is someone who studies the course: www.timrudder.com

Beege

HSC
that guy has talent, look at his animation short

digitalchill

HSC
groovejet said:
Studying Digital Media means what it says. You will be working with the computer as your focus and some of the things you will be concentrating on is websites, multimedia, sound and creating motion pieces. Tim Rudder is someone who studies the course: www.timrudder.com
I'm a mate of rudders. Yeah, BDM is very much a mix of lots of stuff. You'll do a TINY bit of web work (and if you do flash, I might be your tutor, haha) - but honestly the web aspect of bdm is very underbaked. You'll do a fair bit of digital composite (digital image stuff.. photoshop yada yada) - notmuch technical learning but lots of.. come up with your own stuff type learning. You'll do a bit of multimedia (my focus) - lots of opportunities to push far into that (finished end of 05, now I do freelance flash and am in a new games development start up) - if you do get super into multimedia, at least on a technical side, the learning will be what you push yourself to do. Heaps of 3d - they still have an awesome 3d guy there. Heaps of video - not sure who is taking over on that now but the last guy was pretty good. Optional amount of sound work, and a great guy on that too

Basically, BDM wont hand you technical skills, and the actual degree in terms of paper value is shit all. But. It gives you a fantastic environment to learn a lot, and push yourself. You'll be educating yourself on the technical aspects as they come up with your class-guided and pushed projects. It really is a great degree if you can work on project after project, and learn as you go.

Design, well, if you want to focus on learning ABOUT design, pick it. BDM wont teach you 'design skills' - you'll have to make your own so to speak

Either way, enjoy, cofa is a nice tight knit community :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)