HSC
Hi, would really appreciate an estimate pls

internal ranks
chemistry: 19/31
standard eng: 15/104
economics: 7/14
business: 22/43
adv Maths: 48/52

(ik maths is horrible we don't talk about it)
my school rank is around 60's
am I screwed
is it still possible to get an atar of 88 i want to do bachelor of oral health at usyd
And would it be possible to get a good atar if i get like all 90s in HSC lol

Last edited:

azerz

HSC
chem: 1
standard eng: 5
business: 3
economics: 2
adv maths: 22
Hi meowmeow, youre not screwed. If you can get a band 5 or even 6 in maths adv you can get 3 additional atar points (band 5) or 5 additional atar points (band 6) added to your atar given the usyd academic excellence scheme, please dont stress, i know people who got atars in the 60s or 70s that are now doing 95+ atar courses at usyd. The 88 ATAR is what guarantees 100% u will get in, but if u get lower its fine they will still accept people below. if u go on UAC and put in your course it will show up the lowest atar someone got and got in and selection rank (which is your atar + the extra points u get). Honestly i think you will get your 88. :)

meowmeow123!

HSC
Hi meowmeow, youre not screwed. If you can get a band 5 or even 6 in maths adv you can get 3 additional atar points (band 5) or 5 additional atar points (band 6) added to your atar given the usyd academic excellence scheme, please dont stress, i know people who got atars in the 60s or 70s that are now doing 95+ atar courses at usyd. The 88 ATAR is what guarantees 100% u will get in, but if u get lower its fine they will still accept people below. if u go on UAC and put in your course it will show up the lowest atar someone got and got in and selection rank (which is your atar + the extra points u get). Honestly i think you will get your 88. :)
thanks so much for your insight! also would the Additional bonus points apply for ur HSC mark only or ur average of ur inter and external mark?bc I think it’s impossible me to get a band 5/6 since my ranks r rlly bad already

azerz

HSC
thanks so much for your insight! also would the Additional bonus points apply for ur HSC mark only or ur average of ur inter and external mark?bc I think it’s impossible me to get a band 5/6 since my ranks r rlly bad already
say you get an 88 atar and get a band 5 in maths then your atar (or now called selection rank) would become a 91 with the 3 bonus points through the scheme. They dont add 3 points to ur actual hsc actual internal and external marks if that makes sense, because apart from the scheme unis do not look at your marks so it does not matter that they are not changed.

Also i think you can defo get a band 5 in maths, 22 band 6's last year is good and if your cohort performs similar they will push up your internal mark a lot.

Last edited:

meowmeow123!

HSC
say you get an 88 atar and get a band 5 in maths then your atar (or now called selection rank) would become a 91 with the 3 bonus points through the scheme. They dont add 3 points to ur actual hsc actual internal and external marks if that makes sense, because apart from the scheme unis do not look at your marks so it does not matter that they are not changed.

Also i think you can defo get a band 5 in maths, 22 band 6's last year is good and if your cohort performs similar they will push up your internal mark a lot.
Ah I see thank u again :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)