Help Appreciated. :) (1 Viewer)

Anonymous1

HSC
Hey, I was hoping someone could help me out here, or at least guide me.

I have texts of my own, and have to show how they relate to texts in the stimulus booklet in exploring the concpt of Inner Journey.

If anyone knows how they relate to eachother, it would be greatly appreciated.
The texts I have to link together are listen below.

Group I:

My own text: American History X - Film
Stimulus text: The Road Not Taken - Robert Frost

Group II:

My own text: Michael Leung cartoon - "Let it go"
Stimulus text: The Town Where Time Stands Still.

Thanks.:)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
hi ! =)

i've not used the same texts as you so it'll be a bit hard, but i had huge probs figuring what i was meant to do too!

basically what worked for me, is, make a list of things - overall themes about inner journeys.

they can be long
inevitable
can present challenges
can have positive/negative outcomes
can lead to ______________

then do something similar with each of your text, relating it to the themes you've pulled out about inner journeys

they dont have to say the same things - within the overall themes you can find contrasts and similiarities

eg text 1 might say - inner journeys can lead to mental deterioation, which is a negative outccome

text 2 might say it leads to self awareness - a positive outcome

so though there are differences, you're still linking them with the overall themes. both texts show that inner journeys present outcomes, and various results.

hth :)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
oh and dont' forget to get techniques for each text!! :)

emca

HSC
okey this is a bit rough but.....

What do the texts have in common? (comparison)
What do they have that is not common? (contrast)

comparision- well they are both inner journeys about paths in life and choices made.
contrast- one highlights positive choices (Road not Taken) where the other (american history x) demonstrates that we can learn from our mistakes. SO how to write this in essays?

something like:
the road not taken demonstrates how our life choices make the difference and as such no decsions should be made without thought. Robert Frost paused and thought about which road (metaphorically to take) and "that has made all the difference" the repetition used here emphasises the point he is making
*Please note I dont have the poem infront of me and it has been a few months since i read it but im certain there is repetition in the last few lines. check out how I've discussed the key idea in the poem and 2 techniques. what is missing is my response - which goes something like this..... This poem inspires the responder to contemplate their own life and make deliberate decisions about the road through life they want to take.

In contrast (so now I'm talking about american history x) American history x highlights the impact of bad decision making in our inner journey and how these decisions impact on our entire life. It also demonstrates how the ideals conveyed in The Road Not Taken are not always obvious or easy to make depending on the characters life situation. This is demonstrated through the character........

see if you can finish this paragraph. Keep me informed how you go I'm an English teacher in western nsw. there is not much to do here so i have some spare time. It is really boring here, bad life choice???? my email is emca01@yahoo.com.au

good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)