help!!! Anthony and cleopatra (1 Viewer)

sami_87

HELP me plz pplz. Im studying anthony and cleo for powerplay and our teacher isnt a very good teacher so i need some help understanding it. so if anyone has any study notes they would like to share wit me... that would be fantastic. I mainly need the different powerplay issues in the play and stuff like that. so if any one out there has a heart... they will help me coz i have an assesment on monday about the play and i realllllllyyyyy need help.

zelda

buy a study guide! their pretty cheap...i bought mine for 14.95...its the yorknotes one....get them from dymocks or angus and robertson bookworld
havent got up to Antony and cleopatra yet...its one of my last modules.
gl!

moogle180

I'm doing Antony and cleopatra as well with powerplay. We had to answer a bunch of questions on it so i can give you my answers if you want them. The main types of power that are seen in this play are sexual power on cleopatra's account, military and political power with Antony as well as military and political power for caesar. These are examples of the types of individual power that are seen in the play. Take notice of what happens to celpatras use of sexual power when Antony is away, she can't use it on him so she gets jealous and a bit crazy as well. She also becomes torn between her political and sexual power. Remember in act 1 scene three where she calls him a great warrior then tells him off for leaving? This is a show of her inconsistency with her feelings. Antony has political and military power as he is a respected general but he begins to loose this, as well as his followers as he spends more time with Cleopatra and neglects his duties to Rome. Caesar also has political and military power but is much smater than Antony in a strategic sense. He knows taht there is no room in Rome for the both of them and there must only be one ruler. Antony is his biggest threat as he has the same amount of power as Caesar has. Each of tehse characters use their power to get what they want and they strive to have as most power as possible.
I hope i helped you but don't count on my answer as being 100% accurate as the teacher hasn't checked our work yet. I think i'm on the right track though.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
is it good? i'm doing it next term...far out, it hasn't been on the hsc list for like 30 years

moogle180

it's ok
but we had to do all the powerplay work ourselves because our teacher was on leave and we had a sub.
Powerplay is hard to get because our teachers don't give us anything. its pretty new as well so there is hardly anything on Antony and Cleopatra powerplay on the net.

J

jhakka

Originally posted by Moogle140
it's ok
but we had to do all the powerplay work ourselves because our teacher was on leave and we had a sub.
Powerplay is hard to get because our teachers don't give us anything. its pretty new as well so there is hardly anything on Antony and Cleopatra powerplay on the net.
Ah yes... the sub. She was a lotta fun, eh Emmanuel? *sarcasm sarcasm*

moogle180

hi bec and kiesha
i was wondeing what loser would just say "hi"out of knowhere
but it was kiesha
lol
sorry!!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)