HELP .. All In One Board of Studies Booklet (1 Viewer)

Wongerz

HSC
To original Q....well did u inform ur supervisor that u did it wrong cos if u didnt and they did not fix it up for u, u can actually get a 0 for ur exam
secondly....there are many places where they mark exam papers bcos there are just to many and it'd require less money they flying or driving all markers to one designated area...also the way they mark it (if u dont know) is they have a lot (dont know exact numbers cos it varies from subject to subject) of markers all at the one area and they sit down and the head marker goes thru how to mark. each paper gets marked by a least 3 markers...and an average is taken...for things like maths at least 3 markers are also used and if one marker makes more the 3-5 mistakes in more then 5 papers and are picked up by the next marker, they are actually sacked or placed under a different job...so dont worry bout crappy markers i think they have it all under control...
also for english each section may be taken to a differnt city/town but all papers from that section are taken to the one place...they're not split up and taken to different places...
neways hoped i helped a bit....i got all my info from past HSC markers...just incase u think its all bs

100percent

HSC
Stressed_101 said:
Hey guys - I was just wondering how this works because my teachers are telling me one thing and advice line is saying call he Board of Studies.

I did my English Exam today (Paper 1) - like most of you did haha - and answered all my questions after the other. So question 1 and 2 in booklet 1, questions 2 and 3 in booklet 2, question 3 (the end of it) in booklet 3. Just wondering whether they will mark all of them? I was told not to worry but should I?
don't stress too much, i didn't write my student no/centre no in the inside of my booklets (ie on each individual page) and i'm not worried, unless the booklet somehow rips apart and the pages go flying in seperate directions, then i'm screwed.

kmccarthy

HSC
guys one of my english teachers is a hsc marker and he marks them down in wollongong so i really dont think they just get sent to 3 different places

kmccarthy

HSC
they also make sure that the marker who does your paper doesnt live anywhere near your centre number so that no one is advantaged or disadvantaged and they also must say whether they have a relative doing this exam and they are not allowed to mark it

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
almost all of my teachers for all subjects do marking and they do it in the cattle pavillions at homebush
ahahah im glad i wrote legible and meaningful because if i was a marker i'd want to get out of homebush as quick as i could from what my teacher told me!

jaihson

HSC
My english teacher is a question 3 paper 1 marker, which comes to wollongong. And they can get papers from centre numbers in the areas near them, its just they cant mark their own and the people marking at desks surrounding them cannot either.

freaked

HSC
The markers are trying to give you marks. They do not take marks away. I know that you will worry about it until something official is said, but I am sure you will not get 0

HSC
No the sections are not split

What they do is ( according to my English teacher who is Head English marker person out here- and just come back from marking) they just get a shitload of papers from a diffent area and mark them, but at the marking place here (which i think is CSU) they have section 1,2 and 3, they just make sure that your paper is not marked in an area where there is any chance someone would know you.It just means if, say you were in a three storey building, storey one would mark section 1, and storey 2 would mark section 2 etc.
No worries

HSC
No it's not all marked in homebush. It's marked in a couple of locations over the state. Bathurst, for example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)