Help a 2004 HSC IPT student?? (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by juggernaut
Huy my holidays are 8 weeks not 2
!!!!!!
What are you talking about? :confused:

I meant: Normal holidays will usually last for two weeks. You have breaks between terms and the usual break between semesters (one semester = two terms). Once you're in Year 12, you will continue to have term-breaks (two week holidays until Term 3 when the Trials begin. You don't have a Term 4 in Year 12. You do, however, have 'the long break' between Year 11 and Year 12, from Christmas 2003 to late January/February 2004, lasting for 6 weeks.

Last edited:

juggernaut

HSC
dw, i thought you were talking as if i had 2 weeks to do THIS assessment

also for me its 8, not 6 :p

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by juggernaut
dw, i thought you were talking as if i had 2 weeks to do THIS assessment

also for me its 8, not 6 :p
Oh okay, just a misunderstanding.

At our college, we are always given 2 weeks to do assessments, no matter the weighting. Assessments are always given out two weeks before the due date, even if it conflicts with other assessments (you deal with it, or you crash lol). :)

asymptote03

HSC
N/A
We had to design 3 solutions to 3 problems for a real estate agents firm by performing a feasibility study that is:

-problem definition: 3 problems defined

-Requirements report: 3 requirements of 3 problems defined in the problem definition

-3 Alternative Solutions- Expanded details of each proposed new system...this included the:

----> solution such as: implement a database and tell what personnel need to be hired such as computer operators; DB developers; may be u want web developer to implement the DB online for buyers and property sellers to edit their information online; ur solution could also be to hire telephone operators to take info or fax info to buyers/sellers of property

---->The systems hardware configuration needed

---->Software requirements of the system

----> CONSTRAINTS:

--Economic Constraints: include cost of all equipment (software/hardware).....e.g. if u have 5 computers with WINDOWS XP then u must have bought license for 5 computers i.e. around (5*250 =$1250); pay of employees (set the costs such that the costs are for at least 6 month; or time frame might be given by ur teacher)

--Environmental Constraints: e.g. The system would be in constant use of agency and agents, therefore it could effect the environment by excessive power usage. In addition, the computer components are non-biodegradable therefore, they would increase pollution

--Technical Constraints: such as for your solution you might have chosen Pentium I which is cheap and feasible for your proposed system; but then you can say today the technology of P4 is not that expensive and due to technical support, warranty and software availability purposes u would need P4....and also say in case of graphics card and stuff why you want it....in technical constraints backup your choices with VALID reasons...e.g. u need ,.....256 Mb which provides an optimal performance of the PC, which would allow the agent access the database on the server at a fast rate, with less difficulty. A 32 Mb AGP card would provide an optimal performance, allowing the view of pictures with a strong system palette letting various shades of colours to be viewed.

---Human Constraints: eg A web designer must be outsourced to design and update the features of the website regularly. Health hazards may be caused due to physical discomfort while using computers. The agents would spend long hours on the computers, therefore radiation by computer monitors may cause visual, muscular and emotional disorders, resulting from eyestrain, headaches and backaches....you can get all this from your book....n sources such as ENCARTA encyclopedia CD which would be available in ur school library

---Social Constraints: Social constraints would be determined by the social implications of the system. The information system, being made is a centralized database system, which may lead to concerns regarding privacy and access to personal information about buyers and sellers, which are stored online. Etc....a lot is given of social constraints and ethics in your book as well as in Encarta encyclopedia cd under 'Computer security'

After the 3 solutions we had to give:

RECOMMENDATION: TECHNICAL, SOCIAL, OPERATIONAL...SEE IN YOUR BOOK IT MUST HAVE IT...HEINMANN MOST LIKELY

in the project we also had to make:

Gantt chart
project Diary
Context Diagram
Dataflow Diagram
Data dictionary (put all fields in alphabetical order; put all tables in alphabetical order)
Schema

My feasibility study in all must have been approximately 5000 words....elaborate on stuff and make clear every meaning....i can email u if u want....

I got 90%...I lost marks as at one place I had data redundancy...I didnt understand how my teacher wanted the Schema to look...I just made as given in Access....she thought I printed it from there....while I made it in word...though I didnt argue over marks there....I made mistakes in the Dataflow diagram...rest she didnt really specify where we actually lost our marks...

my feasibility study was so long that at one point...she was like (joking) ' I thought id cut marks for reading so much'.....I came 1st as ever in IPT....

dont be too stressed.....when u get your project...work on it consistently......we got ours beginning of term 2 and was due T3 week 1.....i finished just in time....Im a perfectionist....in IPT make sure u have all details complete...as its quiet easy to loose marks in minor mistakes such as DATA REDUNDANCY...oops prolly u dont know what DATA REDUNDANCY is as yet...youd know when you do INFO SYS AND DB.....

we had 13 weeks to do this assessment!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by deviant
13 weeks! we only had like 5 weeks at my school
Count yourself lucky, we had 2!

Guess what happened when we handed our Major Projects in?
We received a Transaction Processing-Systems Assessment, on the very same day - in fact only a few hours after we had handed in our Major Project were we given another assessment to do, also due 2 weeks later.

It was one hell of a term, as I recall having 14-15 assessments, crammed into the space of the last few weeks of term.

asymptote03

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy
Count yourself lucky, we had 2!

Guess what happened when we handed our Major Projects in?
We received a Transaction Processing-Systems Assessment, on the very same day - in fact only a few hours after we had handed in our Major Project were we given another assessment to do, also due 2 weeks later.

It was one hell of a term, as I recall having 14-15 assessments, crammed into the space of the last few weeks of term.
the max i ever had were 8-9 assessments...majorly in yr 11 as i did 13 units!

Huy

HSC
N/A
I did 14 units and everything came in one hit. It's because of all the Extension's - as I recall having speaking task after speaking task due, on top of all the written (hand-in) assessments to do for the science subjects that I do. It was pretty bad, because IPT wouldn't be 'my first priority' and I'd stay up late doing it, handing it in the next day, while having an in-class assessable task to do (be it a test or speech to deliver, or viva voce). Not only were the hand in written ones due, on top of the speaking tasks, but coming to school to hand in an assessment - while receiving yet another assessment wasn't pleasant at all. Each subject has on average about 4-6 assessment tasks per year, and if you do any Extension's that makes another +5 for every extension course you do, so say you had 4U Maths and 4U English your assessment task schedule/calendar would be filled up to the brim, with an additional 10 to 20 assessment tasks in total, compared to those who do 2U alone.

Being on the Executive, Prefect Body and Student Representative Council doesn't help either when you have a busy schedule, morning and afternoon lessons (to cater for your additional units). I'm glad it's all over now. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)