Help: 2007 SC Science Last Question (1 Viewer)

salih08

HSC
The question is worth 6 marks! How would you answer it to gain all marks?

Chromosomes and DNA have a central role in sexual reproduction.
Identify the role of Chromosomes and DNA in this process. Include in your answer the importance of replication and genetic variation.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC

Identify the role of Chromosomes and DNA in this process. Include in your answer the importance of replication and genetic variation.
Crap man. If i had that question in my S.C i think my mind would just go blank. I need help on this too

blackratpoo

HSC

It is all little hard for Yr 10 Science, more of a year 11 bio question imo.

I would answer the question directly.

Identify the role of chromosomes - I would mention IPMAT [Interphase, Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase, Telosphase] then conclude by saying by doubling, lining up and the ultimate spliting of chromosomes during the process of meiosis (sexual reproduction), chromosomes are essential in making new copies of cells.
Identify the role of DNA - contain all the genetic information to be passed on in the chromosomes. [elaborate a little]

Then integrate these two things in:
Replication - Causes genetic variety and allows us to make multiple cells and thus, reproduce.
Genetic Variation - Increase gene pool size, increases variety of organisms in species and thus increases chances of survival. [link to changing environments in evolution]

something along these lines, in the SC they more want your understanding as such so just wow them with crap!
gl.

salih08

HSC
sorry my bad it was a sample paper not the real thing but thanks for the answer anyway

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
sorry my bad it was a sample paper not the real thing but thanks for the answer anyway

hahaha i was about to say: "i didn do that question =S ,,,,did i like miss a page on my science exam or sumthin =S" lol

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
hahaha i was about to say: "i didn do that question =S ,,,,did i like miss a page on my science exam or sumthin =S" lol
LOL of course not. You probably got 100% like all the other BOS i've met.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
LOL of course not. You probably got 100% like all the other BOS i've met.
hahahahaha not exactly....i wasnt exactly a "model student" in yr 10 =S ....hopefully did infinity times better in ma HSC this time round =P

good luk in ur upcoming skool certificate exams !!! =]]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)