HEllo??? (1 Viewer)

rhia

salty
HSC
lourai*87 said:
Not necissarily... i did no sciences in senior unless you count food tech, i struggled through extension 1 maths and did rather moderately in 2 unit. I still got a uai 90+ ... you just never know. If you think you want to do it, dont think youre not gonna get there :)

Ok, enough counselling. Rhia, i have noticed that some of this chem is still tucked away in my brain from year 9 & 10, and i am slightly embarrassed to say that i found the need to open up my year 7 science book and re-familiarise myself with basic lab equipment :eek:
oh, don't be embarrassed. if it helps, i had to pop out my own year 8 maths books when i started doing preliminary 2 unit maths. haha. :shy:

and i agree: if there's a will, there's a always a way!

vg_woz_here

HSC
would you people consider a career as a Food Technologists in a food processing plant?!?!

rhia

salty
HSC
vg_woz_here said:
would you people consider a career as a Food Technologists in a food processing plant?!?!
it would depend on the nuances of the job. generally, though, it doesn't appeal to me - but something i would more likely consider would be food product development, or a career related to technology/science that can be applied to foods, such as packaging or processes, particularly relating to nutrition or gm foods (which i'm fascinated by). if i were to work within the food industry, though, my first choice would be a dietitian.

rhia

salty
HSC
vg_woz_here said:
is it easy to get a band 6 in food tech?
i dunno, but for the three assignments/assessments or whatever you would like to call them that i have completed for food technology this year, i have gotten 100/98/100, so if that's anything to go by, maybe. but it naturally depends on the effort you apply.

vg_woz_here

HSC
omg only 7.26% of the 3055 students who did FT got band 6? yikes...

even hospitality...it had 1.96% of the 6373 students getting band 6...

=\

tennille

HSC
I got 88 for food tech. Still a good mark, but just missed out on a band 6.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
I got 92 for FT in the HSC. I loved that class. Oh yeah.

People are quick to dismiss it as a BS subject, but if you knuckle down and do really well, it only counts in your favour.

I was considering doing Nutrition & Dietetics at Wollongong, and I would've got in, but at the last minute I changed all my prefs to psychology and I'm doing that instead.

I loved the idea of being a dietitian, but the sheer amount of science and maths required in the degree itself put me right off it. However, don't let that stop you if you've got your heart set on it.

I'm here if anyone wants help with food tech related stuff, too.

nustabell

HSC
Ballerina89 said:
I love Food Tech! Its my fav subject! I'm coming 1st in my school :) If anyone needs any yr 11 food tech notes or help with assessments, just message me
hey... any chance you could post your study notes for the subjects?? also did you do nutrition as the elective?

thanks heaps, your awesome

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
you do realise how old this thread is, th elast post beofore yours was in 2006 lol.
I can post mine up if you want it. I'm coming first at my school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)