Heellpppppp! (1 Viewer)

L4riissa.

HSC
These are my hsc subjects but im scared beacuse i've heard they scale you down alot & im not sure which subject to drop:

- Advanced English
- Mathematics2u
- Physics
- Ancient History
- Business Studies
- Studies of Religion
- Hospitality

dpospination

HSC
dont worry about scaling, if u do well it doesnt affect u very much.
btw, ur subjects have pretty good scaling.
physics scales really well, as does ancient history and maths,
business studies will also scale pretty well, but im not sure about hospitality

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Just maintain good marks and you'll be fine. You have some good subjects there, so don't worry too much.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
If you do well in each course with good marks and rankings, you'll be alright. Now it's the preliminaries by the way, nothing really goes towards your HSC, except 30% of prelim. mathematics will be tested in HSC maths. So don't stress out about it. Give it some time and if your doing well, stick with it.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
Yes 30% of Prelim MATHS ONLY can be tested in HSC. This applies to all the maths courses (general, mathematics and ext 1) Other subjects test prelim skills (which are needed for the HSC course but not the content.

wanted4911

HSC
hey i recommend you drop low scaling subjects,, because lets admit it, hospitality or PE isn't as difficult as physics or ext 2 maths,, so there is a difference

bye

bv

HSC
ur subjects seem quite good..
dont drop anything unless u really dont like it or ur finding it to hard..
but just go along with wat u r interested in

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
wanted4911 said:
hey i recommend you drop low scaling subjects,, because lets admit it, hospitality or PE isn't as difficult as physics or ext 2 maths,, so there is a difference

bye
You're stupid. :D

Prosper

HSC
Look heres how the system works, if you do well then you have nothing much to worry about with scaling. If you don't then scaling does matter but I'd just choose the subjects that you are good at over which ones scale well (no point doing chemistry for your hsc because it scales well yet coming last in your school for it)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
wanted4911 said:

bye
You Good Sir, are an idiot.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
wanted4911 said:

bye
If your going well in your subjects and your obtaining high marks for each subject, what's the point of dropping it?

L4riissa.

HSC
Razizi said:
If your going well in your subjects and your obtaining high marks for each subject, what's the point of dropping it?
Because i have to drop a subject at the end of the year anyways, thnks for all your help guys!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
wanted4911 said:

bye
Scaling shouldn't affect you if you're getting the marks.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
L4riissa. said:
Because i have to drop a subject at the end of the year anyways, thnks for all your help guys!
You don't HAVE to drop any of your subjects, if you enjoy them and are doing well in them. The only reason they recommend that you drop a subject or two is because you're only required to complete 10 units for your HSC. However, most people have an extra unit or two for back up.

wanted4911

HSC
Aplus said:
Scaling shouldn't affect you if you're getting the marks.
yea but you need to be in the 90's in low scaling subjects...

im just saying that if she's capapble of takin physics than it might be much easier for her...

how many times do we hear of people doing well in low scaling subjects and getting a bad UAI?

i mean she's asking if the subjects are good and if they are low-scaled.

That't my opinion, and i don't think Tanjin needs to say its stupid.
Afterall she knows everything about scaling right?

Another advice for you,, is if your classmates are not very intelligent than you will have to work harder for them not to scale you down.

bye:rolleyes:

wanted4911

HSC
tommykins said:
You Good Sir, are an idiot.
look since your the smart one, why don't you tell her what to do?:lol:

i just think that if she is looking for an outstanding UAI, most students do high-scaled subjects. Its my opinion and the decisions is up to her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)