hecs help (1 Viewer)

me dumb

HSC
okay i was reading a booklet from the government about hecs... just to clarify some things it says you have to get the sheet from your provider(is this the uni you're attending/going ot be attending?). do we have to wait till we get offers before we can apply for hecs-help?
thanks

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
'provider' is just bureaucrat-speak for your uni, yeah. and you apply for HECS-HELP when you enrol at university (probably in late january), you just fill out a form and give them your tax file number.

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Don't stress about the form. It'll be part of your enrolment package from your uni. You just have to provide basic details, important one being your tax file number. If you are a normal Australian citizen (i.e. don't have previous HECS debts, not an Aussie resident but NZ citizen type thing) then it's a matter of signing on the dotted line... not like applying for a bank loan when you have to sit back and cross your fingers.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
At UNSW there is no form. While you enrol via the internet you tick a box that says defer fees, and that's done.
As other said, the important thing is to have a TFN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)