• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hebron, West Bank (1 Viewer)

Kittikhun

HSC
I don't understand this. I don't understand how Israeli settlers who particpated in this protest can be that disrespectful as to go burning Palestinian fields and trashing houses. I understand the historical significance to this land but the house was owned and built by a Palestine man before. I'm not siding with anybody but I just don't understand why they need to resort to violence. Even before, I remember, there has been video of Israeli settlers near the border with Palestine bashing and hitting Palestinians just because they crossed the border and moved into their land. Why? Can't there be a peaceful solution to this feud? If there isn't I believe the idea of peace between Israel and Palestine will look very doubtful to be honest. As shown in history, for there to be peace, sacrifices need to be made on both sides, not the other way around.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/05/world/middleeast/05mideast.html

boris

Banned
HSC
Kittikhun said:
I don't understand this. I don't understand how Israeli settlers who particpated in this protest can be that disrespectful as to go burning Palestinian fields and trashing houses. I understand the historical significance to this land but the house was owned and built by a Palestine man before. I'm not siding with anybody but I just don't understand why they need to resort to violence. Even before, I remember, there has been video of Israeli settlers near the border with Palestine bashing and hitting Palestinians just because they crossed the border and moved into their land. Why? Can't there be a peaceful solution to this feud? If there isn't I believe the idea of peace between Israel and Palestine will look very doubtful to be honest. As shown in history, for there to be peace, sacrifices need to be made on both sides, not the other way around.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/05/world/middleeast/05mideast.html
This thread has been done a trillion times before.

Kittikhun

HSC
Sorry, haven't been here in a while. It has just started getting serious yesterday though.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
See, thing about Israelis is that they're violent and greedy people. No matter who was living wherever before, the Israelis have a right to be there because just because. Only when the IDF physically drags them away from the houses they stole will they back away from them - forcibly mind you.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
See, thing about Israelis is that they're violent and greedy people. No matter who was living wherever before, the Israelis have a right to be there because just because. Only when the IDF physically drags them away from the houses they stole will they back away from them - forcibly mind you.
Nah, that's a fairly rubbish assessment.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
This is a religious feud involving religious Jews who live outside of the green line and do not nescessarily represent the largely secular Israeli society in regards to the peace process an Palestinian autonomy. One only has to read reports of religious settlers clashing with Israel Defense Forces and scores of leftist Israelis.

I reiterate: I support the settler movement but do not support damage or destruction of existing Palestinian homes, crops and buildings.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Trefoil said:
Nah, that's a fairly rubbish assessment.
Cool man can I have another? :monkey:

JaredR said:
I reiterate: I support the settler movement...
GG, watch the credibility flying out the window - noone supports the settler movement, not even Israel itself.

rasengan90

HSC
JaredR said:
This is a religious feud involving religious Jews who live outside of the green line and do not nescessarily represent the largely secular Israeli society in regards to the peace process an Palestinian autonomy. One only has to read reports of religious settlers clashing with Israel Defense Forces and scores of leftist Israelis.

I reiterate: I support the settler movement but do not support damage or destruction of existing Palestinian homes, crops and buildings.
The settler movement has done nothing but harm Israel's credibility. They are a bunch of religious zealots who compromise their country and people's interests by settling in dangerous places. The idea of a full Eretz Yisrael is ridiculous; settlers whether destroying homes or not put themselves and the state of Israel in danger by encroaching upon more Arab territory than necessary.

Edu.kid

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Agreed. More than 80% of Palestine is not enough, they want more, more,more, more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)