Hearts (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hi everyone. It's valentines day, yadda yadda.

Can anyone help me find a photo of a human, simian or similar heart? Normal heart would do, any interesting path specimens would be better. Best would be with some sort of implement driven through it, but I don't expect that to be so readily available on the internet. :p

So please, if anyone sees something like this, link it for me? Thanks. :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
I remember guys at school throwing up when we had to cut open a heart in science :rolleyes:
I remember guys at school throwing livers around in bio, that was fun:p

Keen

MD
HSC
Ah you're such a pessimist Lexi.

Keen

ishq

brown?
HSC
We blew up a pig's lungs last term. My bio teacher's idea of ' a fun afternoon'. She also wanted us to 'investigate' the liver, but it was growing mould - so we resisted.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
ishq said:
We blew up a pig's lungs last term. My bio teacher's idea of ' a fun afternoon'. She also wanted us to 'investigate' the liver, but it was growing mould - so we resisted.
yeah tip when u have to inflate lungs - pinch the straw when u have finished blowing, otherwise u get blood all over your face - happened to a mate of mine

ishq

brown?
HSC
ballerinabarbie said:
yeah tip when u have to inflate lungs - pinch the straw when u have finished blowing, otherwise u get blood all over your face - happened to a mate of mine

Yeah we were pretty sure that would happen, mainly because of the blood all over the container, and a year 8 experience with an eyeball.
So we let our over-enthusiatic teacher do most of the 'pumping' :)

nick1048 said:
and to think i missed this by not choosing bio *finds that chick with the hit head here avatar*

:D

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
i've got a pic of a heart with a bullet wound?
it's actually not that spectacular tho....

plus i have photos of most heart disease specimens... *thank you unsw path museum cd ^^*

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
There's a path museum CD? I have your 2003 anatomy CD but I've never opened it (the one with the trojan, I made a copy with no trojan).

Wait is this the same CD?

Jaded Member
HSC
nope. this is "images of disease"; they're basically photos of all the specimens in the path museum.
i dont have the 2003 anatomy cd........ is it worth getting? i have a rohen atlas...

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
god dammit..
ppl keep forgettin to STOP buggin me.. im not condoning piracy.. yes i hav both.. and u need to give my other DVDs back before u head to perth..

and sique.. deep inside i kno ure just whoring me for CD's ;) lucky i think ure funni.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
god dammit..
ppl keep forgettin to STOP buggin me.. im not condoning piracy.. yes i hav both.. and u need to give my other DVDs back before u head to perth..

and sique.. deep inside i kno ure just whoring me for CD's ;) lucky i think ure funni.

hey point/alvin

can you pirate me that anatomy cd too?

lol, i'm just kidding with you
did you have to buy it? or did it come with a textbook or something?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
u hav to get it from a UNSW student :)
im hoping to sweet-talk sique for the lastest edition... but as if i need to since she is so smart and pretti.. :p

its from the faculty..

Last edited:

Jaded Member
HSC
*shock.
me? whorin for cd's? far out mate... u've seen my 'replace-pi-rated-collection-with-real-cd's' project. =)

the unsw anatomy cd is available from the faculty for $15. (i think). i saw a demo of it once, it was actually quite groovy... kinda like a supa-stedmans. (if u've seen the stedmans cd, u can do virtual dissections on certain bits, but they're not as detailed as the unsw one, plus it's all models. unsw uses photos. i think. alvin, am i right?)

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
15 bux!
god that's like.... not much
but still, burning it is better

is this cd like an anatomy dictionary/encyclopaedia?

Jaded Member
HSC
it's not a dictionary...
it's more like a virtual dissection, with photos of specimens, which you can scroll over and view labels? actually, if u want to know hte details, get in touch with fosweb - i think he has a copy of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)