Heard a fair few people walked out of the Maths Exam. How will this affect my ATAR (1 Viewer)

the_one_1

HSC
I heard that 25-50 of our 172 General Maths cohort had walked out of the exam weather they finished early or walked out I don't know. All I know is that people walked out. How will this affect my final ATAR. I feel I will get around low 50s which is lower than my 68 in my Assessment marks. How much will this 'Walk outs' impact my ATAR?

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
Re: Heard a fair few people walked out of the Maths Exam. How will this affect my ATA

Massive, immediate fail for you and all involved.

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
Re: Heard a fair few people walked out of the Maths Exam. How will this affect my ATA

How do you know your assessment mark is 68?
You don't find that out until the day before you get your ATAR.

the_one_1

HSC

How do you know your assessment mark is 68?
You don't find that out until the day before you get your ATAR.
my RAW Assessment mark... (given by the school, from my report)

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC

So you are guessing?

the_one_1

HSC

So you are guessing?
my mark on my report is 68, its not a guess... its on my report...

now back to the question how much will it impact my ATAR that people walked out from the exam.

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC

You do know that the mark on report means fuck all?
Only the rank matters.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC

not much

the_one_1

HSC

wait the affect of people walking out of the exam won't be much or the thing about the marks and rank.

They consider your marks from Assessments and the HSC to make up your ranks.

I did research looking on Google and youtube and found these videos. I understand it a lot now. Just not that if I got extremely lower marks in the HSC than my Assessment marks, what impact will it be on my ATAR...

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC

oh right

you mean effect of people walking out of the exam when they haven't finished....

lol i thought you meant the sound of people finishing early and walking out of the exam room

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

wait the affect of people walking out of the exam won't be much or the thing about the marks and rank.

They consider your marks from Assessments and the HSC to make up your ranks.

I did research looking on Google and youtube and found these videos. I understand it a lot now. Just not that if I got extremely lower marks in the HSC than my Assessment marks, what impact will it be on my ATAR...

lol man...

Your internal marks are derived from the external performance of your cohort, this is because schools mark differently so school marks aren't really comparable. Your 68 school mark means nothing, your position in the cohort and the overall performance of the cohort will ultimately decide your "assessment mark", not the mark given on your report.

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC

lol man...

Your internal marks are derived from the external performance of your cohort, this is because schools mark differently so school marks aren't really comparable. Your 68 school mark means nothing, your position in the cohort and the overall performance of the cohort will ultimately decide your "assessment mark", not the mark given on your report.
+1

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC

stuff scaling

dame after reading the Talent 100 book I shoulda put more work into Maths

oh well

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

stuff scaling

dame after reading the Talent 100 book I shoulda put more work into Maths

oh well
I read that in yr 9 or 10, i can't remember.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC

You do know that the mark on report means fuck all?
Only the rank matters.
The marks do matter

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC

The marks do matter
Okay in relation to everyone else in your cohort they matter, but the 68 you got on your report will not be what you get as your assessment mark.

Pete15551

HSC
N/A

Okay in relation to everyone else in your cohort they matter, but the 68 you got on your report will not be what you get as your assessment mark.
+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)