HD Tv question (1 Viewer)

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
Hey, with the analog signal being cut off, i need to either get a hd tv, or get some set top boxes, currently we've got 2 tvs, not hd/digital, so i was wondering if i need 2 set top boxes to convert the signal, or just one... and whether its worth while just getiing a newer tv with it all included

thanks

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
The analgue signal should still be available for a while and you should need 2 set top boxes for 2 tvs.

A new tv would cost at least a few hundred. If you want to be cheap, buy a cheapo SD set top box and it'll only cost $20 or so dollars each. I recommend getting a few set top boxes unless you have money to waste/really want the HD channels.

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
well ive already got optus channels, so HD channels seem some what pointless

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Then you should just get 2 set top boxes, unless you want to buy a few new tvs some time soon :)

darkwaters

HSC
The Analogue signal will still be operating for a couple more years. Also getting Optus/Foxtel Channel HD is an expensive monthly payment.

Set-top boxes if your price is limited. However I would recommend a HD-TV.

aussie-boy

HSC
I bought a $200 set top box with 80gb hard drive of ebay for my cheap 51cm CRT TV.
Best investment ever... I can record movies, the EPG works better than the one on our $700 HD PVR in the lounge room and it even has tetris to play when the ads are on

Woteva636

HSC
just buy a TV tuner for your computer, for $110 you can get a HD digital tuner + a decent aerial, or you can just get an adaptor and plug into the coaxial port in the wall, i do that and it works fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)