• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Have you cried yet? (1 Viewer)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
fakingtheday said:
I get immensly cut up, but i don't cry. It could be a bit of a girl thing.
Crap, crap crap! :) I don't cry! It's not a girl thing!

I got quite angry at myself though! :uhhuh:

Danoz The Great

HSC
No, I haven't cried yet. I just shrug it off and tell myself I'll work harder.

kirabolton

HSC
i burst into tears after getting my first maths assesment back this year, it was in the corridor and incredibly embarrasing so i vowed to get a tutor.

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
i dont cry, i get this massive stress vien under my eye. and it grows bigger as the marks get lower.

i remember sitting in chem, and seeing 33% on the paper.

that vien was fucking huge.

Abbeygale

HSC
It takes a lot to make me cry. (You should have seen how pissed off my friends looked when I was handing out tissues after 'Remember the Titans' and said 'Actually, I thought the death felt kind of tacked on and detracted from the main point of the story.')
If I didn't cry over my awful half yearly results, I probably never will. Unless I get like, a UAI of 80 or something. Then I'll cry.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
i cried when i got my hsc marks back. but it was a really happy cry. i know i didnt do as well as lots of bosers.... but when i saw wat i got (at 6 oclock in the morning) i burst into tears... and then dad burst into tears. it was the best feeling, knowing it was completely over and i didnt hav 2 go back and do it again.

i dont think i cried over doing badly in assignments.... but i cried with stress tryin to get them done. i figure it was better than killing urself, which some ppl seem to do over the stress. yeh its stressful, yeh it is horrible at times, but crying worked. and its not bad to cry. i rekon most ppl did in my yr.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
congrats beccaxx!
i havent yet, but a girl broke down in my maths class after gettin 1/2 yearly back
but with maths at my skool every1 is in the same boat
except the smart 3u ppl that dropped down :chainsaw:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
yea ive cried.. many times.. ive never cried in front of my friends or my parents though.. i have a 30 min drive home from school - thats when it usually comes out.. or if i go and see my boyfriend after school or something, it comes out then too.. big time with him.

HSC
yeah ive done a fair bit of crying, mostly after doing exams and assessments and not actually when ive gotten them back because it's no real surprise anymore how well/poorly ive done. Actually i think driving is good for that, my parents are seperated and its about a 45minute drive between houses, and it seems to force me to pull myself together and just get on with things rather than dwelling on stuff... though that may or may not be true for other people.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I cried a couple of times during the HSC. It was mainly because of stress and what not. I cried in May when my Grandad passed away, cause the day after I had to sit an exam. I walked into it, did it, then I felt as though I stuffed up in it so as I was packing up my bag I started crying. Then after my Drama trial I burst into tears cause I thought I fucked it. Then once after an actual HSC exam. English ext I think it was. But I cried way more in Year 10, cause I was going through a f*cking awful rough patch. I remember going down the hallway of a school block, with a teacher calling out after me cause he realised something was up and my just falling to the ground, crying.

Man, I sound like the biggest cry baby, honestly...I'm not.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I cried when I got my results.... both days because I was disapointed and didn't think I would get in to my course..... I cried before my trials because I had injured my back from not sitting correctly while studying and was in a lot of pain.... and I cried when I got in to my course, because I was so relieved! I think I remember crying once before the actual exams because I was scared I wouldn't be able to live up to my own expectations... I think I cried at home when I finished school.

I was so screwed up in the head during my HSC year, I swear. It is all just one big blur of stress!

vojnik

HSC
Abbeygale said:
If I didn't cry over my awful half yearly results, I probably never will. Unless I get like, a UAI of 80 or something. Then I'll cry.

WTF 80? youre fking nuts, whats so bad about 80?

babywhitto

I cired everyday for a week over a song in music haha...well more than that but it was that my friend was being weird bout it and bitching bout me and just bitchiness...so i cried then.

and i have cried prob another 3 or 4 times...just over stupid assessments that i was stresed bout...but thats it.

Abbeygale

HSC
vojnik said:
WTF 80? youre fking nuts, whats so bad about 80?
Whats so bad about 80 is that its 19 UAI points lower than what I need. Everybody sees the marks in different ways. For me, 80 would be disastrous. I want to study law, and the only places that would let me study law with 80 are unis I wouldn't want to go to anyway.
I go to a school where the lowest UAI last year was 87, and that was a minor scandal. You may consider 80 a good score, and feel free to think I'm nuts, but 80 would be well worth crying over for me.

MaryJ_

HSC
I don't think you're nuts. Everybody has their own standards to aim for. If I was somebody who was capable of getting a 99, I'd surely be dissatisfied with an 80. The only reason I personally wouldn't be upset with a mark in the 80's is because I don't aim much higher.
Same goes for my assessment results. I can't cry over them, because I don't expect much more from myself. The 2 times (so far) that I got significantly less than I expected, I just couldn't bring myself to cry. I guess it's because I don't see the HSC as the beginning or end of anything. If it helps me get ahead.. great, if it doesn't there are back doors.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I cried when i flipped over a metal pole and broke my skull.
If i go shit in an assessment ie, first english task - I just got so cut and couldn't get it out of my head or think about anything else then i topped next assessment.

mishka

HSC
N/A
i went through a stage last year (yr 12) just before my half yearlies where i just cried for no reason. i think pressure and stress were getting to me.

then i cried when i got my results (but because i was happy!) and realised that all that stress was so not worth it!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)