Have I Chosen The Right Subjects (1 Viewer)

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
Im During The Stage Where I'm About To Choose My Yr 11 And 12 Subjects
And I Was Thinking Of Doing Theses Subjects
Advanced English
2 Unit Mathematics
Biology
Legal Studies
Studies Of Religion
Pd/h/pe
Are These Good Subjects To Choose And Will They Scale Me Low

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
They are good if you're interested in them. They will scale low if you're not interested in them.

P

pLuvia

gadbil said:
Advanced English
2 Unit Mathematics
Biology
Legal Studies
Studies Of Religion
Pd/h/pe
hey these subjects are good, my advice to you is to choose some of the extension subject i.e. maths extension or english extension or both. The point is that choosing these will allow you to either continue with it in year 12 and if you are finding it hard drop it. Because choosing those extension subjects will give you a broader chance, if you don't choose them and you find the subjects so easy, thereis a very slim chance of actually doing it year 12 or start later in year 11. PLUS these extension subjects scale you heaps. I currently do

MX1
eng adv
bio
chem
jap cont

year 12 im choosing

MX2
MX1
eng adv
bio
chem
jap cont
jap ext

The problem for me was i didn't choose extension english and now I really want to do it, and starting now would be really hard for me, but i am still trying :)

Most of your subjects scale, but choose the subjects that you will want to use in UNI. Only PDHPE scales down but you can check in this website

http://www.boredofstudies.org/scaledmeans.php

good luck with your selections :):p:D

kadlil~

P

pLuvia

oh and one more thing choose the subjects you like :p most important, no point choosing something you hate so much.

example is my friends sister, she chose all her subjects based on scaling, and she absolutely hated them. She thought scaling was the most important thing, but it is important but she eventually got a UAI or 84~, her intended mark was about 92+ so yeh, hope that helps

princessj

PRINCESS JACKLIN!!!
HSC
gadbil said:
Advanced English
2 Unit Mathematics
Biology
Legal Studies
Studies Of Religion
Pd/h/pe
hey thats not a bad combination.....
pdh is definatly good with bio and i think SOR should be good with legal....
i dont know about scaling though.... but generaly these would scale low.... BUT if ur interested and u think they are quiet related to what u want to do wen ur finished school then go ahead....( from this combination i would guess... combined law and science?) anyway.. but i personally see my subjects as field where i can do good... just pick up my marks... ones that should get me a high uai.... and thats all i need em for.... after that i'll never look back! i know many people can agrue this but spare ur selves the trouble iv been told a thousand time.... just my opinion anyway.. goodluck!

i persanally may be a bit extreme.... i do....

3 maths
3english
chem
bio
physics....

but next yr (yr12)
4 maths
3 english
chem
physics

cant get any more scalling than in that combination really...

anyway thats me

Last edited:

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
You shouldn't worry about scaling. It's more important to pick subjects that you know you will do well in and will be interested in. If you pick subjects that scale high but you dislike, your overall mark will be lower because you won't put as much effort in.

I_F

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
I did
English Advanced
Maths 2u
Chemistry
Physics
Music 2
Ancient History

at the start of year 11. Halfway through, as in in about may/june, I got bored with 2u maths, and was allowed to pick up extension. I was really lucky to be able to do this, most schools wouldn't let you that far into the year.
My advice would be to choose extension maths and/or english if you like maths and/or english.
You can always drop them later in the year if you don't enjoy it.
If I hadn't been able to pick up maths ext 1 I would have really regretted not choosing it to start with.

My year 12 subjects are
English Advanced
4u Maths
Chemistry
Physics
3u Music

Only choose subjects you will enjoy. Don't choose something because it has scaled well in the past.
If you don't enjoy it you won't do well, and the subject won't scale well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)