Have any IDea? (1 Viewer)

get_born

I've made a yr 12 formal video and edited it in movie maker and stuff. I keep trying to save it as a finished movie file so that i can burn it off and give it to m class mates, but my laptop isnt capable of saving it because the virtual memory on my laptop is too low. Is there any way to increase it so im able to save the video as a finished movie file?

HSC
Assuming you're running windows XP, right-click my computer, choose properties, click the advanced tab, click the settings button under the performance section, click the advanced tab, click the change button towards the bottom under the virtual memory section.

If virtual memory is set to "system managed size", the system will adjust the memory as needed, however depending on the application this can sometimes cause issues. For your purposes, choosing "Custom Size" and typing two values (The ideal value is debated, and will vary depending upon how much RAM is in your system), should suffice. After entering these values, ok the changes, and the system may require a reboot before they take effect.

darksbane

Do Not Tap on Glass
HSC
The 'ideal' value is generally considered to be twice the amount of RAM in the system.

HSC
darksbane said:
The 'ideal' value is generally considered to be twice the amount of RAM in the system.
This was the bit I was talking about being debated. That used to be the case, but in newer systems it tends to be wasteful (For example, with 2gb of RAM, you're never going to need a 4gb pagefile).

darksbane

Do Not Tap on Glass
HSC
Ya, I do agree, 4gb is alot, but even thats up for debate, if your doing something that makes use of 2gb RAM then maybe you will want a 4gb pagefile. I mean, I have 1gb of RAM and I tend to use most of my 2gb pagefile as well as the RAM.

get_born

Ive got 7.81 GB from 17.1 GB and my movie file is about 11 MB. I've tried to save it on a rewritable CD, on my laptop, various times in different sizes, and i closed all the icons near the clock at the bottom of the desktop, but it still didnt work. I'm on the verge of giving up! Any ideas?

Srixon

HSC
there not talking about your harddrive they are talking about RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY

save it onto your computer first then copy it to the cd

get_born

thats the problem it wont save on the computer because 'virtual memory is too low'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)