• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

have a rant bout a dodgy teacher (1 Viewer)

jesska

i dunno if this has been done...but i got some real shit teachers...esp my english teacher...man he has like screwed our english class over...we were meant to have an assessment in week 5...but he kept pushing it back weeks at a time...and then it came to week 10 and we still cudnt sit it...so he just had to cancel it...and now he has set the standard and advanced test on the monday of 2nd week back...coz our trials are week 4...and now he has realised he still has to give us another assessment so we got them both due on the same day...man our class hates him...we have like no notes or anything...he is hardly in class...coz he's the head teacher...so thats his excuse...he has to go and look after the other classes...yeh well im glad i got that off my chest!! :p

it wud be comforting to hear that other peeps have similar stories and that we arent the ony peeps getting screwed over...

ciao
jesska

G

Gavvvvvin

Back in year 10 our geography teacher was teaching us the completely wrong course and only realsied two weeks before the school certificate . . . so we had to cram a hole years work into two weeks . . . stupid bastard!!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
im getting taught retail.. with a retail 'teacher' with no previous experience, no degree in education or anything. Shes only our teacher because he was the manager of like the reject shop for 6 months. We have learnt nothing, absolutely nothing. And she hates me..... grrr its a pretty long story but.... oh well...

Winston

HSC
Hmmmm have you tried speaking to principal or year co-ordinator. I remember when this use to be an issues in my school i spoke to other teachers in my other subjects some didn't want to hear about me talking about other teachers, but some teachers, gave me advice on what i should i do, and some even went out of their way to speak to the teacher.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I don't think I ever had a dodgy teacher, though I did have some I disliked for various reasons, I never had one that stuffed up my learning or anything. I guess I'm grateful I had decent teachers who all helped get me through the hsc ok.

Uni on the other hand...I did have two or three dodgy uni tutors last semester. After every tute I would somehow understand the topic less than I did before the tute. :/

blondynka

Ive got a REALLY dodgy teacher for physics - half the time she's talking about her religion, reading the paper, or anything else but teaching us. She only gives us worksheets with the answers already on them, and whenever anyone tries to ask her to explain something, she ends up talking about something completely different. Everyone in my class hates her and wants to drop physics if we dont get a different teacher. I mean sheesh I go to a selective school and i've got a teacher like that?!! How am I gonna get good results in physics? Which also happens to be one of my fave subjects lol. its crazy!!!!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
im grateful that i have all good teachers this year.. i guess my english teacher shows up late all the time and takes a whole term to get an assessment back to us.. but meh hes not really stuffing up my learning

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hahahaha, i dunno, ms nagarahja gave her a run for her money. i didn't learn anything in junior science tho, except for the 2 terms i was in vigano's class. vigano is a champ.

my teacher to bitch about is......none. i've had some shit teachers, but not dodgy per se (except for beforementioned nagarahja and dharni)

blondynka

eastman (the new head of science) is pretty good i've heard. all the other classes have her for either phys, chem or bio. meanwhile i get stuck with dharani and jamble - but jamble aint that bad actually.
any idea if the classes change next year? man i hope they do

blondynka

_DeathlessOne_ said:
Hmm . . . i think she may have went to our school before . . .
poor you and everyone else (who ever had her)!!! i heard from alot of the current/past year12's that anyone who gets dharani for sciences is pretty screwed. which is why everyone always ends up dropping physics lol or just gets tutoring. ive even been warned by 3 year 12's not to do physics, ESP if i have dharani, and i do :) lol im screwed :)

librariver

I once had a teacher in the 7th grade, that knew little about Pre-ALgebra.
Instead of teaching Pre-Algebra, he taught us Baseball Statistics!
It was alright......but it got boring!
He did a lousy job.....but I still got a B, well B- which was alright, but
not great.

G

Gavvvvvin

blondynka said:
poor you and everyone else (who ever had her)!!! i heard from alot of the current/past year12's that anyone who gets dharani for sciences is pretty screwed. which is why everyone always ends up dropping physics lol or just gets tutoring. ive even been warned by 3 year 12's not to do physics, ESP if i have dharani, and i do :) lol im screwed :)
lol, it was great having her in year 7, she couldnt control the class and we just screwed around the whole lesson burning shit in the bunsen burners and stuff . . . the good ol' days!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)