has or is anyone joining the defence forces? (1 Viewer)

G

go_elizabeth

i was wondering if anyone has attempted to (sucessful or not) to join the Defence Forces, and when they did it, and how they found it...

i am in yr 12 2005, and i am currently undertaking my initial interviews with recruiting (been to briefing)

can anyone offfer some advice??

thanks.

Mumma

HSC
wouldnt leave me alone until i replied to this thread
yeeeep.

G

go_elizabeth

as a reservist actually. lol... and i have a aptitude test on 29th and need to know some sample questoins.
ppl at my local r helping me but they sugar it up.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
It stands for Officer Selection Board i think.

It's one of the last stages of the officer recruitment process.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Being an officer allows you to order people around.
And they call your Sir or Ma'am.

G

go_elizabeth

ok, well thank you for that!! yes i would like to hear about ur officer thing, but i am gong in as GE (general entry ) reservist cook (laugh ok) but yes i got all these things in the post today and WHOA!! please email me
hateyouhsc@hotmail.com thanku

Jake_434

The King of England
HSC
I'm in the reserves as a Combat Engineer. I was for most of year 12. Selection is a piece of piss as long as you meet the criterea you should already be aware of. Don't worry about it too much. If you have any questions, ring 131901 or PM me. A lot of the operators there are jerks. And by jerks I mean they don't know a real lot. Cheers.

doe

HSC
N/A
yeah i applied for adfa a few times and later joined the reserves in the infantry.

reserves can be good fun but a lot of reservists are fuckwits. they think they are tough as nails etc but really they are (mostly) boy scouts with guns. there are also a lot of organisational problems.

unless you are an absolute nut or cant meet the (minimal) physical standards requirements you will get in. when you join and go for basic training the physical trainers expect you to be at the lowest standard and so will work from that level to build you up, so dont worry abou being super fit.

i had a great time and still think about joining full time. after you finish basic training it is easy to leave if you dont like it. basic trainging is 6 weeks then 6 - 8 weeks of corp specific training, depending on which corp.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
my sister is joining ADFA next year. so if u have any questions why might also know. i read alot on it too.

G

go_elizabeth

thanku 'Doe' ( i added u on msn, and i hope we can chat about stuff about the defence force) ... i got paste the initial stuff, so i ave to go back and do some Psych shit... i dont know...

doe

HSC
N/A
my msn is mynameisdoe@hotmail.com feel free to add me but dont send me mail there.

from memory, the pysch stuff is just a mulitple choice quiz with questions like

'do you feel the need to throw yourself off high places' yes/no/unsure
'do you sometimes want to smash the whole sorry place up' yes/no/unsure

then a psychologist goes through them with you for about 10 minutes.

bamiyan

What are the provisions for people with glasses? I'm short sighted and I'm considering officer training and I wanna know if my condition will prevent me from doing so.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
What if ur like in a desk job do they go into combat

Snowe

Just wandering around
HSC
N/A
I was thinking about joining the Aviation :)

Anyone here get into that? If so did you do anything to prepare for it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)