• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Has anyone received email confirmation of enrolment yet? (1 Viewer)

Lainee

HSC
This is second yr and above enrolment by the way, I'm sure it works differently for 1st yrs. I paid on the last day they were due through the phone and I've been waiting for a confirmation for a while now. Has everyone else received any confirmation of enrolment yet? Through mail/email or otherwise?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yep: well, actually, I paid some of it during summer school (as you need to pay 1/2 of it off) but still have the other 1/2 oweing

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Nope, you can't be. THat's a rumour started by them. I come in and go "can i pay like later". She goes 'lolz, yeah. by 31st March'

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
when u pay (by however, phone, internet, etc) it takes them a whole week to send you your confirmation (and student ID card). Since you sent it on the 10th, I'm asusming you should have gotten it by now. But the mailman could be having a holiday. Wait til this arvo, and give the uni a call. Maybe other people have had similar problems.

We all know that usyd admin sux tiger's nuts.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
it says that confirmations are sent out in batches every 24 hrs during the paying period. I paid via the internet and got the confirmation in the mail within a day...which was a shocker to me :eek:

maybe you should contact the SIO, Lainee.

Jason Bourne

HSC
N/A
I haven't got mine either and I also paid on the last day (credit card). I did get an email telling me how to get my Access card; I'm assuming that ISN'T the confirmation of enrolment letter, since it only makes an emphasis on IF [you've paid, then [process to get card]]. I also got a letter with my student card on it; I'm assuming that isn't the enrolment confirmation letter? It says to get my access card, I have to bring my student card letter, enrolment papers (I'm assuming this is what I'm still waiting for) and receipt of payment (I guess that's the receipt I printed out when it was shown on the screen after my credit card payment).

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Jason Bourne said:
I haven't got mine either and I also paid on the last day (credit card). I did get an email telling me how to get my Access card; I'm assuming that ISN'T the confirmation of enrolment letter, since it only makes an emphasis on IF [you've paid, then [process to get card]]. I also got a letter with my student card on it; I'm assuming that isn't the enrolment confirmation letter? It says to get my access card, I have to bring my student card letter, enrolment papers (I'm assuming this is what I'm still waiting for) and receipt of payment (I guess that's the receipt I printed out when it was shown on the screen after my credit card payment).
You don't need enrolment papers, student card and receipt are fine. They take the pic via webcam lazy cunts.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
You don't need enrolment papers, student card and receipt are fine. They take the pic via webcam lazy cunts.
You don't even need a passport sized photo now?

Regarding obtaining a State Transit concession sticker, do they now require confirmation of your enrolment as 'full-time'? When I went last year, they just asked 'Want concession travel?'.. even though you're supposed to be full-time for eligibility. Looks like they're lazy for multiple reasons.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
You should have had the confirmation of pre-enrollment e-mail some time ago- once you had that, the fees thing should have been mailed to you.

Once you've paid your fees, they'll send out your student card. With the student card you can get your travel concession (you just fill out a form) then you go to the Access centre to get your union card.

If you haven't recieved the fee sheet yet, you should contact the Student Centre ASAP.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Collin said:
You don't even need a passport sized photo now?

Regarding obtaining a State Transit concession sticker, do they now require confirmation of your enrolment as 'full-time'? When I went last year, they just asked 'Want concession travel?'.. even though you're supposed to be full-time for eligibility. Looks like they're lazy for multiple reasons.
you need a passport size photo for ur student ID card. but not for ur USU card (they take ur photo on the spot).

the chick that i saw for my student id just asked me if i was full-time, i said yes, and she gave me the sticker. but i kinda knew her.

Lainee

HSC
I just got a letter in the mail today with the tear-out SID card and slip of paper talking about the USU card. But reading the union card it says that I should get "email confirmation" which I need to bring to them for them to issue me with the card.

Is the SID card sent in the mail to be taken as confirmation that my payment of fees was received and I am officially enrolled for this semester?

I'll ring them tomorrow.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Yes, if you have your card, you are officially enrolled.

Thats why its stupid when you go to get your card, they ask you if you have your receipt. Its silly. Your card IS your receipt (effectively).

You can get the card laminated at any of the places listed on the letter.

Jason Bourne

HSC
N/A
grk_styl said:
you need a passport size photo for ur student ID card. but not for ur USU card (they take ur photo on the spot).
Ah crap, but I think I used up my last remaining passport sized photo for last year's student card. Bugger fuckidy. :burn:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Lainee said:
I just got a letter in the mail today with the tear-out SID card and slip of paper talking about the USU card. But reading the union card it says that I should get "email confirmation" which I need to bring to them for them to issue me with the card.

Is the SID card sent in the mail to be taken as confirmation that my payment of fees was received and I am officially enrolled for this semester?

I'll ring them tomorrow.
u have to take the receipt (number) into the usu for ur access card. if u paid for the union fees on the net, then u should have gotten a confirmation email/receipt numer. if u paid by phone, the person on the phone gives u a receipt number. take that receipt number into the access centre and they'll check it on the net.

the access cards are crap! there was a shadow on the white background so now mine looks like i have two heads, or a ghost behind me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)