Has anyone received EAS points for Macq/UNSW yet? (1 Viewer)

ssupra

HSC
Has anyone received EAS pts for UNSW?

Hi, i applied for disadvantage and received EAS points for usyd and uts but havnt from UNSW and macq. Does this mean i didnt get the points from these universities or am i going to expect a letter later on? anywho, my main question is on the thread title. thx

duliel

Closet nerd
HSC
Re: Has anyone received EAS pts for UNSW?

If I remember correctly (which I don't trust myself to), I think I applied for EAS or something like that to get a little boost. I'm very sure I got it from UNSW. You should have gotten or should be getting a letter stating whetehr or not your HSC mark includes extra EAS points.

miss-smexy

HSC
Hey! Exactly the same as me. I applied for EAS but only USYD and UTS have replied. Both UNSW and Macquarie have not replied yet and these are the only two universities I want to go to. Anyway I will be calling UNSW up tomorrow to ask what stage they are at.

jannny

HSC
I got rejected at SydUni and UTS lol, seems they didnt buy my case.

Hopefully UNSW and Mac does ..

ssupra

HSC
miss-smexy said:
Hey! Exactly the same as me. I applied for EAS but only USYD and UTS have replied. Both UNSW and Macquarie have not replied yet and these are the only two universities I want to go to. Anyway I will be calling UNSW up tomorrow to ask what stage they are at.
oh, coincedence? lol.. anyways, i think they will send a letter anytime soon.. but call them if ur unsure.

miss-smexy

HSC
I'm calling them right now but the phone is engaged =(

miss-smexy

HSC
oh I just called up unsw and the lady said that unsw will not be sending any letters out because they use the bonus points method. It is different because:

Universities that use the other method tell you whether you are or are not eligible. UNSW, however, simply adds points to your UAI if they deem you eligible.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Re: Has anyone received EAS points for Macq yet?

I'm pretty sure UNSW doesn't release whether or not they give you EAS points, coz they're assholes, and you SHOULD have Macquarie EAS right now, I remember when signing out of school in 2006 we were discussing getting Macquarie/UTS EAS because they give it to some western suburb schools for being disadvantaged.

Tsuska

HSC
I got mine accepted by both UNSW and USyd (unsw doesn't send letters as stated b4)

jannny

HSC
How the hell u noe then if you got points at UNSW?

Season

HSC
I got offered a med interview with my bonus points from UNSW, and I did not get a letter.

I think its safe to assume that if you got letters from other universities saying you're going to be considered then you will be with UNSW. What you have to remember is that the universities choose either system (bonus points or specific EAS places) and that's it. They don't choose how many points to give you, EAS does that for them.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
Macquarie has already sent theirs out - I have 4 bonus points with them!

HSC
live.fast said:
Macquarie has already sent theirs out - I have 4 bonus points with them!
just curious, but considerng you received a UAI of 99+, would bonus points make a difference for you?

miss-smexy

HSC
I'm interstate atm so I can't check my mail. Do you reckon I can call Macq uni up to find out? Except that I can't find their phone number online (for the EAS section)... Should I call the student enquiries dept. instead? Do you think that the amount of points that they give at Macq would be similar to the amount of points that they'll give at UNSW?

miss-smexy

HSC
Did anyone get more than four eas points... because so far that's the highest that i've heard theyve given...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)