Has anyone gone to FEIT welcome? (1 Viewer)

Sopa

HSC
It says on the timetable that it goes from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm and I was wondering if I could leave early?
What activities do they get you to do, because I don't want to stay until 6.00 pm

Jikky

HSC
You can definitely leave early.

They have teamwork based activities that get you comfortable with getting to know new people whilst also taking you around some parts of the campus but mainly Building 11. There was a free lunch, speed friending (You will find super awkward people here or some super cool ones), they had a few society/club stalls set-up which were relevant to FEIT so you could get some info and possibly join them. They had industry talks (I had past students in mine, talked about their experiences at UTS and where they are now) and then a trivia (Personally did not enjoy it, I left early at this point along with more than half of the people in the session lol)

I recommend staying for the first few hours and then feel free to leave before trivia as the day begins to drag on from there. Have fun!

Sopa

HSC
Thank you!!
About what time does the trivia start?

waterlml

HSC
You can definitely leave early.

They have teamwork based activities that get you comfortable with getting to know new people whilst also taking you around some parts of the campus but mainly Building 11. There was a free lunch, speed friending (You will find super awkward people here or some super cool ones), they had a few society/club stalls set-up which were relevant to FEIT so you could get some info and possibly join them. They had industry talks (I had past students in mine, talked about their experiences at UTS and where they are now) and then a trivia (Personally did not enjoy it, I left early at this point along with more than half of the people in the session lol)

I recommend staying for the first few hours and then feel free to leave before trivia as the day begins to drag on from there. Have fun!
hey i booked the society and clubs thing for orientation, 11am-4pm, so can i just leave early/enter later cos i have tour session follow by this :(?

Jikky

HSC
hey i booked the society and clubs thing for orientation, 11am-4pm, so can i just leave early/enter later cos i have tour session follow by this :(?
Yeah you don't really need to book that imo, it's a whole day event thing where you're free to go wherever you want. So you should be fine!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)