• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Has anyone experienced a sense of elation as a result of composing their MW? (1 Viewer)

5233andy

HSC
As per above.

I must admit that it when it came to composing the MW, I was euphoric at the ideas that I've managed to develop. Now, editing is an absolute chore.

diametric

HSC
They have been very brief and rare. But yes.
Currently working on 3rd draft, grr.

Nightsarah

HSC
I was pissin myself when I finished my first draft. I had been so depressed with my MW and hadn't touched it for over a month when I had a creative spurt and spent an entire weekend finishing it. Now I really like it. I'm actually really enjoying the editing process and getting feedback to make it great.
I wouldn't say euphoric though. I think that happened when I actually produced the second half of my script earlier this year. Right now I'm glad the bulk of it is out of the way and take relief in getting feedback and making it better and better.

~infinity~

HSC
definately...its been so crazy but to kno that its not far until it is all over is a bit overwhelming...

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
i get weird bursts of creative energy and go on a massive poetry writing bonanza for like hours. and then feel really happy with myself.

then i neglect my MW for like 2 months. lol.

catherinet

HSC
I just finished a few days ago.
I don't know... i was just assuming that when it was finished, it would suddenly all fit together perfectly.
But it sounds all choppy and fragmented.
MUST EDIT MORE!

What's not fun about editing is when you've printed out a perfect 40 page, double spaced "good copy" of your work, and then you realise that there are still a bazillion mistakes. It's crazy how one comma or full stop can fuck up an entire poem.

Last edited:

catherinet

HSC
i get weird bursts of creative energy and go on a massive poetry writing bonanza for like hours. and then feel really happy with myself.

then i neglect my MW for like 2 months. lol.
Ditto!

And after not reading over it for ages, i'd pick it up, read it, and think, "wtf is this shit?!"

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Ditto!

And after not reading over it for ages, i'd pick it up, read it, and think, "wtf is this shit?!"

ha! i'm the opposite. I leave it for ages, pick it up and read it then feel really impressed that it came out of my brain...!

out of curiosity, how many words is your poetry all together? I've written 12 poems which average from 1 page- 3 pages in length and I'm worried its a little...light. I asked my teacher and he was like 'I dunno.'

Sick one.

Katherwin

HSC
Yeah, I was stoked.

But, better still, after I finished, I think it was my second draft, the word count was exactly 8000, which I claimed to be the most exciting thing that had ever happened to me. I said, 8000 words, yep, not touching this ever again, not even for painfully bad word choice.

I ended up changing it though.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
when i came up with my lastest topic and got it finsihed in one night with very little mistakes i felt very euphoric but no comes the recording and editing stage. Thats the hardest part in my opinion.

catherinet

HSC
ha! i'm the opposite. I leave it for ages, pick it up and read it then feel really impressed that it came out of my brain...!

out of curiosity, how many words is your poetry all together? I've written 12 poems which average from 1 page- 3 pages in length and I'm worried its a little...light. I asked my teacher and he was like 'I dunno.'

Sick one.

I've got 3489 words, 13 poems, varying from 190 words to 420 words

Yeah, i'm thinking that mine looks a bit light too... like it's not quite DONE.
But, i have like no words left... so, idk :(

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
I've got 3489 words, 13 poems, varying from 190 words to 420 words

Yeah, i'm thinking that mine looks a bit light too... like it's not quite DONE.
But, i have like no words left... so, idk :(
I'm sure that mine is waaaaay below what they expect. Its not even 2000 words. But I don't want to...clog it up. I dunno, wordcount is kinda confusing with poetry. Like, my poems are very condensed and succinct, there's no need for any more (and if i do include more, I run the risk of sounding repetitive) but it feels so...empty. Aarrrgh. I'm dedicated the whole of Saturday to trying to re-edit it, and hopefully write some more. Hopefully.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
OMG I RECORDED AND EDITED ALL DAY. iT SOUNDS SO GOOD TO ME. SO PLEASED THAT IT'S FINALLY DONE.

I finally feel that sense of elation now that it is ALL done. Now all I have to focus on is my Reflection statement.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
FUCK MOTHERFUCKER.

forgot about that sneaky reflection statement.
my teacher sprang a report on us. this week. due next week. just before trials.
such a kind man.

missknightley

HSC
rare moments... but definitely after the editing process and close to your fifth draft of poetry...

HSC
ahh i remember starting my major work at this time last year

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
ahh i remember starting my major work at this time last year
STARTING? shit, how did you end up doing? wouldn't you have had trials in between that as well?

lol, this makes me feel slightly better about where i'm at.

HSC
STARTING? shit, how did you end up doing? wouldn't you have had trials in between that as well?

lol, this makes me feel slightly better about where i'm at.
haha, funny enough it was a post like mine from someone in the year previous that also made me feel slightly better.

41/50 iirc or low 40s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)