Has anyone ever submitted an assignment in late? (1 Viewer)

x-y-z

HSC
… why did you submit it late, how late was it, and how many marks did you lose?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
x-y-z said:
… why did you submit it late, how late was it, and how many marks did you lose?
Depends on the lecturer.

I know of 20% per day, 5% for working day, 2% each day (yep I was suprised at those last two).

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I handed in one 4 weeks late and wasn't penalised. But that was just because my lecturer was a pretty relaxed kind of person. I guess the other extreme I've faced was being docked 30% for handing an essay in half a day late. 25% for the lateness, and 5% for going 12 words over the 2000 word limit.

Generator

HSC
N/A
5% per day is the standard penalty in my school, and I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I have handed in three assessments late, but only by up to 12 hours (webct and lecturers happy to receive an email attachment, I thank you).

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
10% for some subjects, others i dont think offer that kind of service...

i should have taken an extra day last week to do a lab report :( oh well

baker182

HSC
Raiks said:
I handed in one 4 weeks late and wasn't penalised. But that was just because my lecturer was a pretty relaxed kind of person. I guess the other extreme I've faced was being docked 30% for handing an essay in half a day late. 25% for the lateness, and 5% for going 12 words over the 2000 word limit.
you lost 5% for going 12 words over, what a fucking dickhead of a marker. I cant believe he sat there and counted the words

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
i had extremely terrible organisation skills last year.

i forgot about an assignment and handed it in a day late because i did it on the day it was due. i got full marks for it, but because it was a day late, it didn't count.

i missed a prelim exam because i slept in thinking it was sunday when it was monday. i also got full marks for that when i did it the next day, but it still didn't count because sleeping in is not an excuse '-_-

this year whenever i have assessments i panic like crazy because i always think i forgot something.

Generator

HSC
N/A
People, this is the uni section. This may seem harsh, but we really couldn't care less about what happens to you at high school.

santaslayer

HSC
I handed mine in late because I couldn't hand it in on time, or any earlier for that matter.
5% per day. (including weekends and public holidays)

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
handed a media assignment in 2 weeks late and lost 20%......i've learnt my lesson

Farcanell

At ANU it varies... school of finance and applied statistics will give you ZERO if you hand an assignment in late at all, while most in the arts faculty have you lose 1% per day.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I've done tons of late assignments, none in med school though. At UTS my tutors were pretty cool about it all, so if I did lose marks it wasn't anything significant.

I've got one due at 1600 today, only finished 1/3 and I'm screwed if I don't hand it in on time.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Most of my lectures at CSU are really laid back about it all. I have a few mates who hand assignments in 3 weeks late and loose very little, if any marks.

As long as you talk to your lecturers, they'll fix it up for you.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Bunny04 said:
Erm, handed in a Harmony assignement late, and lost 20%
that harmony shit doesnt count for shit!

other lecturers dont even ask for them...

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
well i have an assignment due in 5 hours. It takes me 2 hours to get to uni. And i'm no where near being even half finished. Basically, i'm screwed.
Hopefully i'll only lose 5% for it... i can't afford to get nothing for a 30% assessment!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)