Has anyone ever had or known of a teacher qualified in both history and legal studies (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Re: Has anyone ever had or known of a teacher qualified in both history and legal stu

you have got to be kidding me?

can you refuse to teach something you are not good at?
Not really if you want to have a job... My legal studies teacher actually had no training in legal studies, she studied modern history at uni. But when she started working at the school they needed legal studies teachers so she just had to learn the course and start teaching it.

finishedhsc2009

HSC
Re: Has anyone ever had or known of a teacher qualified in both history and legal stu

Not really if you want to have a job... My legal studies teacher actually had no training in legal studies, she studied modern history at uni. But when she started working at the school they needed legal studies teachers so she just had to learn the course and start teaching it.
but i am doing maths/science so how can they expect me to teach a subject like modern

laila2010

HSC

but i am doing maths/science so how can they expect me to teach a subject like modern
They don't usually go that far.
If you are qualified and just say legal studies they may get you to teach CAFS or something of the sort but it is VERY unlikely they would have you teaching Maths or science. Just as it would be unlikely for a maths teacher to have to teach history.
Teachers can also decline the offer if they feel uncomfortable.

This sort of stuff usually only happens if just say you were teaching maths at a certain school and a teacher went on long service in science, they may get you to take over this class for this time.

:fish:

finishedhsc2009

HSC

They don't usually go that far.
If you are qualified and just say legal studies they may get you to teach CAFS or something of the sort but it is VERY unlikely they would have you teaching Maths or science. Just as it would be unlikely for a maths teacher to have to teach history.
Teachers can also decline the offer if they feel uncomfortable.

This sort of stuff usually only happens if just say you were teaching maths at a certain school and a teacher went on long service in science, they may get you to take over this class for this time.

:fish:
phew!!!

i would feel so guilty if i had to teach something i was not good at

Lukybear

HSC

hahaha no, she was just awesome. but she does dress like a witch, and her husband who is also a teacher at my school (only casual now though) looks like a wizard
did you have a scar on your forehead and wore glasses whilst waving a wand too?

philphie

Banned
HSC

did you have a scar on your forehead and wore glasses whilst waving a wand too?
no my wand is up my anus, my scar is on my foreskin and i wear contacts

alex09hsc

HSC

Yes, isn't this breed of teacher very common?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

phew!!!

i would feel so guilty if i had to teach something i was not good at
Sometimes its just the reality of the situation, however, the more subjects you can be an 'all-rounder' in, the better you will be as an applicant :)

knockii

Head spinning too much, can't find my bearings =(
HSC

I think if you're qualified to teach in 2 or more subjects which come under the HSIE department, rather than being qualified as an history/legal studies teacher, you'd be an HSIE teacher and qualified to teach any subject which comes under HSIE.

That said being said, once you're in a school, you don't need to be qualified to teach a certain subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)