has anyone done geo trials? (1 Viewer)

dave_119

Banned
HSC
The geo trial is extreme hard.. both the Independednt and the Catholic paper.. they both involve broadsheets of japan, and u have 2 write all ur essays about what can happen in japan, eg ecosystems in japan. japan as a mega city... blah blah.. later gays

rogersla

Dude
HSC
AAHHH Geography Trial is tomorrow!

I'm so not looking forward to the trial. Our school is doing ecosystems now because we did viticulture and winemaking, so we did it first to be able to go during harvest.

So the papers are hard? The NEAP maths papers are hard, if you were all wondering.

dave_119 said:
The geo trial is extreme hard.. both the Independednt and the Catholic paper.. they both involve broadsheets of japan, and u have 2 write all ur essays about what can happen in japan, eg ecosystems in japan. japan as a mega city... blah blah.. later gays
Yeah right,
They can't ask you to specifically answer essays on Japan. They can ask general question on people and economic activity, ecosystems and urbanplaces or ask specific questions on your schools case study for each.

E.g my school did winemaking with Rothbury Estate as our case study, ecosytems of wetalnds and caral reefs, with focueses on Palau and Shortland Wetlands in Newcastle and our case study for urban dynamics was Nelson Bay.

Yeah, and I got my Trial tomorrow morning.

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
all i can say about the cssa is that it was interesting...i really should have studied for it...i mean REALLY should have...

big_ticket

HSC
N/A
catholic trial was pretty straight forward. nothing really all that challenging or hard about it. pretty standard sorta paper

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Wasent too bad, the only thing i had a bit of trouble with was the essay question on Economic activites but i didnt study enough for it serves me right and i forgot what ecological dimensions or whatever it was. silly me. but other than that is was fine

neonazi

the one i had trouble with was the one on impacts of natural stress and human induced modifcaitons on vulnerability and resilience. i hadnt really studied that part of the course very well, so that probably contributed to my lack of knowledge in that area.

heyyawatever

Watch this space
HSC
So does anyone have any fresh information regarding either Indepdent Questions/ Stimulius Material?

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
haha, i forgot ecological dimentions to, i sat there for 20mins trying to think of what it was :p i'll be so lucky to pass this one, i swear, i screwed it up that bad :p

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
I think we did the independent one.

I won't post the questions just yet, just in case there are people who haven't done it. I'm not even definitely sure ours was independent, our teacher designed the broadsheet. ;)
We'd already done questions on some of the topics in the half yearly, and so they were left out of our trial on purpose for the chance to practice writing other responses. So in mine the main focus was on Ecosystems At Risk.

I didn't find the long answer ones too difficult, I predicted the first two [economic activity, large city], but some of the shorter answer questions, skills-based, were quite tricky. And I'd never written an answer for a question like the 7 mark one, and so I'm worried about that.
I hope I did okay. :(

duffman

hey. geog exam in 2 days!! can anyone who did the exam give me an outline of what the 3 extended responses were on? eg vunerabilty of eco's? world cities or mega cities or urban places? what part of the economic activity? please ASAP before the 16th of august :uhhuh:

heyyawatever

Watch this space
HSC
courier--> Just like the HSC you will get 3 Essays:

Ecosystems
Urban Dynamics and
People and Economic Activity.

Don't derail this thread.

C'mon guys. If you are too scared to post the essay questions up here publicy, please use the Private Message feature! :)

leginag

Sydney, NSW, Australia, Southern Hemisphere
ummm..i have NO idea what makes u think that ppl would be scared to post essay questions...
i onli jus did my exam..and we had to hand everything in...so i'll post the essay questions up when i get my exam back....

and isn't an independant exam..like one jus written by your school??

Last edited:

heyyawatever

Watch this space
HSC
aah yes, of course. :)

Methinks a lot of schools are reluctant to confess to 'buying in' their papers.

heyyawatever

Watch this space
HSC
midnight said:
I think we did the independent one.

I won't post the questions just yet, just in case there are people who haven't done it. I'm not even definitely sure ours was independent, our teacher designed the broadsheet. ;)
We'd already done questions on some of the topics in the half yearly, and so they were left out of our trial on purpose for the chance to practice writing other responses. So in mine the main focus was on Ecosystems At Risk.

I didn't find the long answer ones too difficult, I predicted the first two [economic activity, large city], but some of the shorter answer questions, skills-based, were quite tricky. And I'd never written an answer for a question like the 7 mark one, and so I'm worried about that.
I hope I did okay. :(
I suspect you're bluffing;-)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)