harsh marking affecting atar (1 Viewer)

Sammyyy

HSC
soo I got to a 40ish ranked school and I'm last in adv English lol, but my English teacher said I didn't deserve the mark as the coordinator marked it and gave my English class really low marks compared to his class so all the top ranks were taken by them and the shit ranks go to us. This is going to continue for the whole year so he's marking really harsh. So to do the question, let's say I get a shit internal like around low 80's but my external mark is good like around 90's what would happen to my internal. I'm really confused about the assesment mark and stuff

Sorry if this sounds confusing

atar goal:91 but will be happy with 85+

astroman

HSC
ur mark is added and halved and then appropriately alligned and scaled by bos

photastic

HSC
The marks you receive at school do not influence your hsc mark, it is the rank that determines the moderated assessment mark. This is why many ppl get 90s at school but end up with only 80s for the hsc and vise versa. This is why harsh marking is the best. Don't believe me, pm and we'll discuss :)

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
The marks you receive at school do not influence your hsc mark, it is the rank that determines the moderated assessment mark. This is why many ppl get 90s at school but end up with only 80s for the hsc and vise versa. This is why harsh marking is the best. Don't believe me, pm and we'll discuss :)
But if OP continues to get marked harshly, their rank will be very low and their assessment mark will be terrible, no matter how well they go in their externals.

Talk to your teacher and get them to take it up with the coordinator, because assessments do matter.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If your teacher also agrees that the marks are low maybe you need to talk to the appropriate staff member at school to ask for either double marking of assessment task (your teacher and the other teacher), sharing out the marking or at the very least 'blind' marking - using numbers not names and having some neutral staff member match up the marks with the names.

Sammyyy

HSC
Our English teacher left our school and he said he left cos of the co ordinator as he's shit. In our exams we put student numbers, but he knows who's who due to the different structure. Like I got marked down cos
1) I needed 8-9 paragraphs but my teacher said I only need 5
2) One spelling mistake
3) Wrong quotes and techniques whereas my teacher said those were fine
4) week before I got 14/15 for a trial essay and my teacher said just write how you wrote for the assesment and you'll do well but the coordinator hated my whole essay, so I lost a lot of marks due to BS

My teacher said I deserved a 12 and I emailed a lot of 2014ers and they said around 9-11 and my tutor said I should get around an 11 or 12 and she marks HSC English papers. So I'm really pissed off and he wants me to drop

atar goal:91 but will be happy with 85+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)