HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS - thoughts (SPOILERS!!) (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I always thought Malfoy (do not call that scumbag Draco) was covering up for them too, but the way he kinda went after them so viciously in the room of requirement cast doubts on all of that.

tmitch

HSC
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

i thought it was the best book yet and it answered a lot of questions and really showed some peoples true colours.

HSC
Malfoy, who is the chick in your signature? Pansy Parkinson?

Draco was put in a heaps difficult spot, i can only sympathise...

pinktiara

HSC
I think Malfoy must've been trying to get back into voldemort's good books-crabbe did say "you and your dad are finished" because even if he did feel bad about going after harry,it's not like he could just switch sides.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
rnitya_25 said:
Totally, I always knew that Snape was in whatever wierd way, a good guy all along. Regardless of the fact that he killed Dumbledore, all the crap he did, the amount of hatrid he showed towards harry was always for a reason. After reading this book, I've never liked Snape more. I thought this book was the best of the seven, but there were parts in it which dragged on a tad.

i liked Snape more after this book as well :), however i think its interesting that he cannot be classified as either completely "good" or "bad".

yes his loyalties were on Dumbledore's side in the end (which is the "good" side) however this was driven by his love for Lily. he still hated James and continued to be cruel to Harry and Gryffindor the whole time he was teaching.

i wonder if Voldemort chose Neville as the Chosen One (which means the Potters would still be alive and Snape would not hate himself for passing on the information which contributed to Lily's death) whether Snape would still be on the "good" side. i got the impression that he switched sides because he felt the need to redeem himself for his mistake which led to the murder of the only woman he ever loved.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
cuppy said:
i liked Snape more after this book as well :), however i think its interesting that he cannot be classified as either completely "good" or "bad".

yes his loyalties were on Dumbledore's side in the end (which is the "good" side) however this was driven by his love for Lily. he still hated James and continued to be cruel to Harry and Gryffindor the whole time he was teaching.

i wonder if Voldemort chose Neville as the Chosen One (which means the Potters would still be alive and Snape would not hate himself for passing on the information which contributed to Lily's death) whether Snape would still be on the "good" side. i got the impression that he switched sides because he felt the need to redeem himself for his mistake which led to the murder of the only woman he ever loved.
good point, if Neville was the chosen one, i think that Snape would still be a death eater, and i dont think that he would redeem himself. The only reason he helped harry was because he loved Lily. If it wasnt for her, he'd still be a normal "evil" slytherine :p

HSC
^There are, but we only hear of the main ones.

And JKR said that Severus only helped because of Lily, if it wasn't for her he wouldn't have cared:(

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this but does anyone know exactly what happened to Dumbledore's sister, Ariana? Is it rape, or something else? Because she was like 7 years old, and JKR doesn't really go in detail about this.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
cuppy said:

Yeah he did turn out to be 'good' in the end because his attempts weren't to satisfy the dark lord after all, they were all a part of albus' ploy to destroy him.

I think that he also had good reason to hate james. he was always horrible to him and for only because of the fact that 'he exists' and he married the one woman that snape always dearly loved, so yeah, i can understand why he hated james, but it kinda didn't suffice for the amount that he dispised harry. he is after all lily's blood, I would have thought he would like him just a little bit....even though all his efforts were towards him and his welfare indirectly.

and $shiftyIceQueen, what do you mean by what happened to Ariana? She didn't get raped, or atleast that's not what I gathered from it if I remember correctly, those guys just molested her in some way, harrased her or did whatever, it really disturbed her and changed her completely. This is why she wasn't able to perform magic or get taken to St.Mungo's because the family was afraid that they'd keep her there forever under the reason that she was 'mentally ill'.

Last edited:

atreus

HSC
its interesting that dumbledore said "sometimes i think we sort too soon". it re-emphasises the whole idea that its your choices that determine who u r not just your natural abilities/qualities.

as for the slytherin girls, we only ever hear of pansy parkinson and millicent bullstrode in harry's year.

HSC
^^^

What evidence? just the fact that alot of them were death eaters? Conformity isnt a crime, when soem followed Riddle... those who didnt would have been made outcasts, and thats not easy when they lived with them

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
santastic said:
^^^

What evidence? just the fact that alot of them were death eaters? Conformity isnt a crime, when soem followed Riddle... those who didnt would have been made outcasts, and thats not easy when they lived with them
iam pretty sure Ariana was raped, everything in the book hinted at it[ JKR couldnt say it outright because its a kids book] and i remember an inteview she gave ages ago saying someone would get raped, so that would account for it

HSC
Serius said:
iam pretty sure Ariana was raped, everything in the book hinted at it[ JKR couldnt say it outright because its a kids book] and i remember an inteview she gave ages ago saying someone would get raped, so that would account for it
i was responding to nebuchanezzar actually, but yeah she mite have been?

cuppy

HSC
N/A
i assumed Ariana was raped as well - or exploited in one way or another. its must have been really traumatic to cause her to stop performing magic - rape is about as bad as it can get without being murdered.

what do you think happened to Florean Fortescue? that ice cream dude from Diagon Alley. i remember in Half Blood Prince it said that he and Olivander disappeared, and while we found out what happened to Olivander we don't ever hear what became of Fortescue.

i liked him he gave Harry free sundaes and helped him with his essay :)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
cuppy said:
i assumed Ariana was raped as well - or exploited in one way or another. its must have been really traumatic to cause her to stop performing magic - rape is about as bad as it can get without being murdered.

what do you think happened to Florean Fortescue? that ice cream dude from Diagon Alley. i remember in Half Blood Prince it said that he and Olivander disappeared, and while we found out what happened to Olivander we don't ever hear what became of Fortescue.

i liked him he gave Harry free sundaes and helped him with his essay :)
Florean Fortescue was kidnapped by Voldemort because hey, the Dark lord likes ice cream too.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
scarybunny said:
You're all just jealous because the epilogue didn't say

"and Harry grew up and married YOU".
special edit for Malfoy:

"and Draco grew up and married you and you had several blonde, moderately evil children".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)